Antwan Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jul 13, 2012.

?
  1. Hey why not, lets give him a chance

60.0%
  2. Heck no! Lets stick with the guys we have

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

What do you guys think about us bringing in Antwan Odom at least for camp? We don't have much quality depth at the DE spot and I think it would be good to get a veteran guy in here to push the younger players. He is attempting to work his way back in the league after being shot in the leg before the start of last season (I think this happened during some time of robbery/ home invasion).

The guy has really had bad luck since he left us. He would play really well and have some type of random/freak injury. Im not expecting him to come in and be a pro bowler, but he may come in and serve in a Kevin Carter (later years) type of role.

Thoughts?

2. pettso

pettso Starter

Doubt he'll make the roster, but I agree that it may help motivate the younger guys.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I voted no.

Only because I am against bringing back "former" Titans in general.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Question is whether he'll settle for vet minimum and being camp fodder.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I do not think he would provide much of anything except maybe some leadership. Too old, and doesn't bring anything to the table for us.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a camp body. You never know, he may surprise. He was a BEAST a few years ago with the Bengals before an injury.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He's only 30 and is still a decent player; he's only 2 years removed from a 8 sack year in 6 games. We need some decent depth at defensive end so I don't see how it could hurt to bring him in. After all who do we really have behind Wimbley and Morgan?

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I completely agree. We have no depth behind those guys. Heaven forbid anything happen to either one of them or we are SCREWED

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He wouldn't be the worst option. He seems to start off well before getting an injury. If we got 6 sacks out of him for a year as a backup, we could do worse.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Odom is probably done as an nfl player.

As far a leadership is concerned his only good year with us was his contract year. He was an underachiever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar