Antonio Bryant Cut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we are great at wr.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pass. Since when is signing ex Bengals a good idea?

3. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

We are the titans bro!!! Our owner still wears the same underwear he had on the night he crawled out of houston! WE dont spend any money on anything.

Remember our spending spree on a punt returner last year...Apparently 2.5 mil Carr wanted would have broken the bank..(oh yeah, Fisher/Bud adams apologists you can shove that bogus "he wanted to play corner" excuse where the sun dont shine, then google Albert Haynesworth Vs Shanahaan and get a clue as to what exactly is expected of a player as soon as he signs on a the dotted line.)

Look man, i agree with you, It would be nice to save some moolah, but the problem is that we simply dont sign any body worth anything.

None of those players you just listed will ever sniff a titans uniform! EVer!!

We are probably gonna see a heavy dose of Craig Stevens this year. You know why? (hint: it has something to do with driving down some ones numbers for the sake of making reducing his value to other NFL teams.)

You can kiss Bo good bye next year. (and probably Harris.)

I say again i fully agree with you, but lets be honest about our team, ownership and coaching staff. This is what they do.:sad2:

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Carr wasn't a money issue, he wanted defense play-time and Fisher didn't want to give it to him. Nothing to do with money.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

One word

So<-

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Is it not possible that Fisher was just being honest with Carr and told him that he probably wouldn't get many snaps with the starting D, causing Carr to want to sign somewhere else? I don't think that the whole Carr story is hard believe at all.

Yeah, the coach tells players where to play. Unfortunately, the coach doesn't tell players that aren't signed yet where to play. I mean yeah, it's possible that it's all just some huge conspiracy but I doubt it.

Anyway, to the point at hand, I actually think we're pretty set at receiver. Nate, Gage, Britt, Hawkins, and Williams (with Mariani in the mix hopefully) seem like a very solid 5 WR group to me. Plus, Bryant wants big money and I'm pretty sure he has some knee issues.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Nfl is a business, NFL is hard work. If an NFL player were offered 2.5 mil just to return punts then he would take it and return punts. A player will most likely not refuse to take that money and opt to sell house and home, move this family to another state, lose part of said pay check in taxes he wouldnt have to pay in tenessee etc etc. NFL players are people too. Just because we hear so many times that x player is moving to x team it doesnt mean they like transplanting their lives over and over. No one likes doing that crap unless they really hate the states in which they play.

I simply can not believe that Fisher would be that honest and put the team through that brutal stretch that he did with the worst special teams even below the level of the top 10 college teams from that year.

Hey you never know, may be those that call fisher a lousy coach might more right than they think.

Ps.. A coach and tell any player they can play any position they want to just to get them to sign. Once they are signed, he can change his mind and not even let them play a down of football. Ask Chris Henry who thought he would play RB last year and got released even before the season was through

8. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

But if Carr knows that he can get 2.5 from another team, then wouldn't he choose the team that gives him the best chance to play CB? That sounds like a decision that a "regular" person could make.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Antonio Bryant sucks, do not want.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

It would be only normal if the titans had refused to pay him the same amount of money and the coach were stupid enough to tell a player that he doesnt have to be honest with that he wouldnt play him at corner.

2.5 mil in nashville is not the same as 2.5 mil in Balto when you factor in every other thing i mentioned. (its much less in Balto)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar