AntMan

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I still really like Age of Ultron, but it disappointed me for a couple reasons.

1. Even though the MCU is all connected and always leading to something bigger, Age of Ultron went a bit overboard. It's an Avengers movie, it doesn't get bigger than this. I never felt Ultron was all that threatening because they kept alluding to something even bigger going on and Joss Whedon tried to handle so many storylines. If they would have focused on Ultron more, that would've been better. Sprinkle in a few easter eggs and use the end credit scene to set up the future.

2. Joss Whedon. He did great work with the first movie, I think we're starting to take for granted how Marvel has connected all these characters that started back in 2008 and has plans as far as 2025 apparently. However, I'm glad Whedon is taking a step back from directing. Way too many corny jokes in this one, Ant-Man was a better balance and Marvel knew what kind of movie Guardians was. Whedon did too much, too much humor and the news about no director's cut is disappointing since he apparently had to rid almost an hour's worth of footage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Winter soldier was a cold Carl.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Seeing the Vision makes it worth seeing.. but it is a disaster, and I normally don't have anything negative to say about any Marvel movie besides Thor2 and Cap1.

In the first Avengers, there was some chemistry, but it was forced in AoU. ScarJo/Hulk romance was incredibly stupid, Hawkeye backstory didn't amaze me like it seemed to everyone else. Its biggest fault was that the whole movie was almost completely unnecessary. It didn't really advance anything.. it was basically a teaser for upcoming movies. The Thor pool part was especially out of place.

So many gripes with that film, and I'm not typically a Marvel griper. I generally trust their judgment. I never thought I'd say it, but Ant Man was a much better movie.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Right on same here. It's not even an overhype issue either, I always try and temper my expectations but there were so many things that nagged me about the movie. Vision, was a huge plus so I give him credit for wanting to do that before even the first Avengers movie. But yeah I think we both feel the same way about it. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it and will be buying a copy so I can see all the extra features but it's not in my top 5 like I thought it would be before release.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm still pissed they put Ultron on Tony instead of Pym.

Michael Douglas creating a psychotic AI would have been fun.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Saw AntMan tonight. Worth it. A fun ride, and I liked how it intersected with Avengers.
    I thought when I saw the trailers that Evangeline Lilly looked like Janet Pym so I was glad to see the obvious mid-credit reveal.

#26 avvie, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not a disaster, it just had insane hype, insane expectations and mainly because of that trailer.

I liked Ultron (except the lips) but the movie was disjointed. I would like to see the directors cut.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Saw this last night and loved it. I'm a big fan of the Ant-man character and I knew Paul Rudd would rock it as Scott Lang. It achieved the rare feat of a superhero movie being genuinely funny thanks to Rudd and Pena. Definitely a top 5 Marvel movie for me. That final battle was fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar