Another Vy post, but a good question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Except for the five games where he had a 95+ rating right? He also had three games where he was in the 70s.

My point is Vince was very inconsistent last year. But let's not act like he always played poorly.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think that numbers comparison is telling, TJ. The killer turnovers that Young had made a huge difference last year, and had potential to do the same this year. Playing it safe is kind of our thing, and Young wasn't being successful at that. I honestly don't think that Young naturally fits well with Fisher's style.

I'm hopeful that next year he'll have improved, and Fisher will have come up with better ways to handle him. I do think year two of Dinger offense will see some improvement out of Young.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

There are 2 Vince Youngs.

1. One that uses his legs and scrambles (being the QB he was drafted for)
    2. One that is a 'quar-ter-back' (there are QB's in college translated to receivers that throw the ball better than Vince)

If #1 is on this roster, he can be dangerous and do special things. If #2 is on this roster, well, we saw this team max out in 2007 as a 10-6 wildcard team that shut down one of the most potent offenses in the league in the playoffs, yet the quar-ter-back was unable to score a single TD. And, I'd rather not get into the idea that he didn't even want to come back out for the 2nd half.

Oh, and against possibly the worst defense in the league last year, he was unable to get into the endzone either as we were embarassed with a 6-point outing in Cincinnati. I guess knowing that, it makes sense he can't compete with actual good defenses lining up against him.

4. wplatham

So he didn't play terribly every game like you claimed then?

You want to bring up the Cincinatti game? Vince was 19 of 31 (61.3%) for 246 yards and 1 interception. Sounds to me like he could have used some help from his team. (It is a team sport, right? Not Vince vs. NFL.) One interception doesn't equal a 29 point loss.

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

He's not over WHAM breaking up?

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If it's a team sport, then why last year was Vince considered a winner because he "just won"?

That is an incredibly huge insult to our defense who was responsible for our 10-6 record last year. They won every game - and when Al went down, we saw what this team was made of.

Without his legs, Vince is useless and holding this franchise back...well unless he gets booed out of the game or injured in week 1 until 2017, then we'll be fine.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

8. wplatham

I don't necessarily agree with that, and I don't think you will find anybody that will argue that he won ten games by himself last year. The defense was a huge part of it; more so than Vince. But if it is a team game, why do you keep saying "the Defense" won. If its a team game, then "the Titans" won.

If he is useless, then how did he have five games with a 95+ rating? The defense didn't do that for him. I just can't stand when somebody is willing to ignore anything good he ever did for the sake of bashing him.

Immature, yes. Underdeveloped, yes. Still raw, yes. Useless, no. Lost cause, no.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

dude, we simply disagree. i see everything you are saying, and i know you're smart enough to see what i'm saying. The ultimate goal in the NFL is to win a Superbowl and I believe Vince does not have the tools to be that caliber of a NFL qb and you clearly do. Last year, although we were 10-6, we had as close of 0% chance of winning the Superbowl as probably any team in playoff history. That is directly related to our offensive lacking, because even last year we had one of the top D's in the league

Let's not get too bogged down by Vince's age either. Last year was his 2nd season, so everyone is quick to assume that he's young, and to give him time to mature and come around. Oddly enough Kerry Collins led the Panthers to the NFC Championship game in his 2ND SEASON.

How ironic would it be if this is the only year that Vince is NOT our quarterback during his career, we actually do win a Superbowl? That is a very real possibility. Vegas odds to win right now have us at 4:1 (tied with Steelers for 2nd behind the Giants at 2:1).

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

jinx of all-time jinxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar