Another lineman to keep on the radar

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have their sights set on Bills guard Andy Levitre.

But here’s another offensive lineman to keep an eye on in the coming weeks: Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith.

On Monday, the Packers put a low tender on Dietrich-Smith, a restricted free agent. What that means is if another team – like the Titans – signed Dietrich-Smith to an offer sheet, they wouldn’t have to give up anything in compensation of the Packers declined to match. Dietrich-Smith arrived in the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

Dietrich-Smith finished the 2012 season as Green Bay’s starter in place of veteran Jeff Saturday, but he’s a versatile offensive lineman who has started a number of games at the guard position as well.

Dietrich-Smith is represented by Nashville-based agent Brian Parker, who’s also the agent for Scott Wells. Wells signed a four-year, $24-million deal with the St. Louis Rams last offseason after first visiting the Titans in free agency.

On Monday, the Titans placed a second-round tender on center/guard Fernando Velasco.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Don't know much about him. Can he play G?

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Sounds like he can play at G orC, same as Velasco. Not sure how good he is though.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

How do tenders work? Does every team get a certain amount of tenders? Do you have to pay for them or what? I've always wonder this. Also, that's a big negative on whoever this guy is you're talking about here.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If you like him that much, it's worth a shot since you don't have to give up a pick. I don't really care either way here to be honest. As long as we get a OG somewhere. Anyways, I'm sure the Packers would match it.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I like him a lot. He played very well at c and g. Opens us up to take best player available. I really like warmack but if we can get those two without breaking the bank, I'll take it

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I have a lot of Packer fan friends living up here in Packer Land. The one right next to me said take him. He's not very good.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Well he said he's an average run blocker, but absolutely sucks at pass blocking. For Jake Locker's sake I would steer clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar