Another ex-Titan cut: Lo Neal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

... or center, or tackle.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

First of all, I know this signing will never happen.

But if people would think outside the box, and with some creativity, there could be upside to carrying two FBs with LoNeal on the team.

There is room on the roster if we wanted to make it happen, which, like i said, we won't.

But if it comes down to Chris Brown being re-signed to be our crappy 3rd Runningback, or we could've had LoNeal on the team for next season, I would take LoNeal everyday.

I don't imagine our #3RB on the roster is going to be very important next season UNLESS that RB becomes our starting KR/PR.

3. #3 RBs actually have some value. Backup FBs generally don't. A FB isn't even in the game more than about half the snaps.

4. Alex1939

Here's a creative way to use Hall and Neal at the same time.

Shotgun Set, 3WR, 2RB... both RBs are Hall and Neal.

This could lead to a designed run for Vince Young. What would the defense's do? Do they stack one side risking weak D on the other side? How much do they cover the WRs?

Same formation, designed play for Vince to throw, could go to any WR or how about Hall in the flat.

It would be interesting to me to see how a Defense would defend such a situation.

I know a lot of people aren't believers in Chris Henry. I'm not convinced he will make it either, but I am convinced he will be our number2 this year unless something crazy happens. We already know LW can sustain over 300 carries a season. That is the reason I don't think our number3 RB is going to have much, if any, impact this season.

Who knows, maybe we'll find a 3RB that is a great situational player. Or like I mentioned before, KR/PR.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. Alex1939

The older one gets the harder it is to see potential in ideas that aren't the norm.

7. Just because an idea is new doesn't mean it is worthwhile.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we need to go back to the wishbone. Dang old NFL coaches don't know a solid offense when they see one.

:tj:

9. Alex1939

I wonder what people originally thought of the Music City Miracle KR play. Yeah that'll work when :pigfly: Oh...wait......

It's an outside the box idea, but we used to be a team that used plays/ideas that weren't very normal.

If you think the idea sucks, that's cool. To me it all depends on what is going to happen with our 3rd RB. If he's going to be useful, then cool. If he is going to spend half the season inactive, well then, I'd assume have LoNeal. We are going to be a running team for sure, and, I hope, we plan to continue with Vince as a "running" QB. I wouldn't mind seeing LoNeal creating a big block to spring Vince on some QB runs.

And if for some reason we bring back Chris "clutch fumble" Brown then we are really wasting a roster spot.

It's a moot point, because it's never going to happen. I just wanted to throw out a scenario that I thought could work and was interesting.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hall at HB and neal at FB, now there's a power running game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar