Another 4th Qtr Comeback for T-hill….NFL standing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by formerfinfan, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Zero sacks and only 8 pressures allowed. Versus one of the best teams at pressure the QB in the NFL.

Y’all are tripping.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Let me pre-face this by saying that Tannehill hasn't been at his best this year. He's been pretty much a game manager. And game managers cant afford fumbles or interceptions.

But, Tannehill is at a disadvantage when more often than not in the redzone we give it to 22 to run in the TD.

Henry has 10 TD's this season, pretty sure all of them are rushing.
    Tannehill has 6 passing TD's this season.

If we didnt run it in so much, and Tannehill had even say 10 passing TD's as a result, then his stats don't look so bad - 10 TD's and 4 interceptions in 6 games.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. formerfinfan

formerfinfan Starter

i kind of agree with “ game manager” in the strict sense- not a pejorative term. He is so good at managing the game because he is very smart, understands the game, and has incredible physical tools (including Henry) to bring to bear.

I dont think he minds if they get to end zone with Henry every time- he knows his passing is going to set that up and vice versa.
    what we all dont see and understand is all the audibling he does to get us into and out of certain plays based on the D.

There’s a reason TN rarely is out
    of a game no matter how bad they play early ir fall behind- they adjust and overcome- a great trait to have!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Yeah, not sure I understand the whole "game manager" as a negative thing. Two of the best game managers in my lifetime have been Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could definatly be worse than game manager

6. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Damn proud to call Tannehill our Titans QB. He has been a big part of bringing life and excitement back to this organization. It has been a long time. :beerbang:

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Most def better than the pineapple

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM8 played his way out of Tennessee

liked the guy but time to move on

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The fact he is still a backup and not starting on a team confirms this.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Also the fact that ever since he broke his leg versus the Jags he was all of a sudden made of glass.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar