Annoying and loud ads on this site

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Sorry for complaining, Jeff, but would it be possible for you to block the ad(s?) that has been playing music lately? I am 99% sure it's a Halloween banner ad ("Win $500" or something like that). It starts with some loud strings and then has an annoying marimba (or something like that) playing.

Ads that force sound on you = lame city and it would be awesome to not have to listen to that garbage.

I know you need to make money to pay for hosting, etc., but I promise to click on 10 non-music ads if you can get rid of all the ads that force sound on us. I work in the industry and understand that ads are essential for sites to survive, but I'm coming real close to turning my adblocker back on lately (it's not just goTitans that has forced some crappy ads on me lately).

Thanks in advance and, again, sorry for complaining.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Firefox adblock...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I won't click on any ads but I 2nd what he said :yes:

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I addressed this in my post. I would rather give this site the revenue. I don't have any problems with unobtrusive ads.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just so you know, I have all those sound ads blocked here as I do those which takeover automatically, have pop-ups, "you are a winner", flashing, get skinny fast, make $2,000 a day on Google, etc.

Sometimes, one of the networks sneaks in something not knowing it violates our policy here and I have to hunt it down. I've not yet encountered this ad but will be on the look out. If someone wants to take a screen shot of it, it'll help me track it down.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Go old-school like me and just keep the sound off.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

My favs are the Jimmy Johnson Extenzzzzzzzzzze commericials (w/ sound) I havent seen them on this site but ive seen them around the web and just chuckle when JJ pops up on my screen telling me about extrenzze corrected his man issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar