Andrew Luck STILL Not Throwing Footballs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Based on what? I've seen a lot of Colts football in person and on TV, and not much there implies that Luck was capable of being the best of the era, even. He lacks instinct. Manning had next level senses about when and where to release the ball.. Luck is not even in the same ball park, and never was. My dad has been a Colts STH from 1998 up until the 2016 season, and even he would agree with that.

We saw what he did against the Patriots in the AFC championship game. He got owned 45-7. He lucked his way through the playoffs up to that point. That's what happens when he faces legitimate dynasty teams.

He was a good QB, but overhyped pre-draft. Under no circumstance do I see him ever being in contention for one of the all-time best.

Ranker has him listed as the #13 QB of the 2010s, and I think that's accurate.

#51 nickmsmith, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Belichick has made short work of mediocre AFC coaching staffs and rosters for decades. Manning didn't have great coaches, but his offensive supporting casts were excellent. Claiming that Luck could be a top 3 QB is a reach at this point, but you eventually have to give the QB some protection or more than one good offensive player.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol Luck wasn't even the 5th best QB in his age range.

The ESPN hype behind him is unreal.

You guys know what the Mandela Effect is? Like how people think Sinbad was in a genie movie called Shazam?

The Mandela Effect is why people think Luck was a great QB. It never happened- but people believe it.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This dude is done man. Wow

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

We'll have to listen for years about this greatness was hampered by his talent... INJURY!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

2 good statistical seasons out of 6 and somehow Luck is the best QB to ever touch a football. But he was hyped as the best ever before he even entered the NFL...

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

While I can't argue against Harrison and Wayne being excellent, Manning overall lifted the status of his receivers. Luck has not done that. Manning would have been a great QB no matter the roster around him, I have no doubt. And I am a Manning hater.

Manning faced the AFC South when it was one of the strongest divisions in the sport. 2012-2016 it was probably one of the weakest. Titans have been a joke, Jags have been a joke until last season.. and the Texans were the team that was always supposed to be good, and never was.

Luck has been good in stretches, but a lot of QBs have.

Young Peyton Manning would have ripped the 2012-2016 AFC South a new hole.

I know you didn't say it, but for anyone to say Luck and potential GOAT in the same sentence is just plain silly.

#57 nickmsmith, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Who is Luck supposed to elevate, exactly? I really doubt Luck is the reason guys like Moncrief won't be in the HOF.
    Manning had two HOF receivers, a HOF running back, and a great offensive line. He even had stellar defenses for a few years. The differences between night and day are less drastic than the difference in the quality of the rosters the two QBs have had.

9. Crush22

Crush22 Starter

I missed that part. Is there a link?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The seasons he put up tons of yards (mostly simply because he passed a LOT), he had Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton... that's not too damned shabby.

Hell, TY and his YAC is generally the reason Luck's dinky passes end up going for big chunks.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar