Andrew Luck STILL Not Throwing Footballs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

You guys are ridiculous. I love Mariota to death, but a healthy Luck wins the Superbowl with this team this year (would help if we added one decent WR). That's how good he is. People just think he's mediocre because he has to literally carry his crappy team every game. Of course he's gonna take risks and throw interceptions when his defense can't stop anyone for the most part. I've watched a lot of his games. The few times he does have good protection, they gain 20-30 yards every time.

Can you imagine Mariota behind that Colts O-line having to carry that team? I shiver just thinking about it.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. BlueWave503

BlueWave503 Special Teams Standout

So they wouldn't have to pay two coaches for last season when they knew they would be paying two coaches this season again is my guess. They knew last year was a lost cause so why change course and pay a new coach along with Pagano?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BlueWave503

BlueWave503 Special Teams Standout

He throws the ball down the field but he sucks at it. His career YPA is 7.1. Mariota's is 7.4 and Mariota doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as Luck.

Luck is a good, not great QB who is basically a Winston or a Mariota at this point of his career, but with severe shoulder concerns on this throwing arm. The hype Luck gets is absolutely ridiculous given what he's actually accomplished. I'd take Nick Foles over him at this point.

4. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

I wouldn’t want to throw the ball either if knew that I would have to face the Mighty Titans twice in one season

5. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Luck is somewhere between where this board ranks him and media ranks him.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

man, if he misses another year.... he's done.

and even when he's healthy, his throw power going to nose dive..

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But I also didn't say that Mariota had a legitimate shot of being the GOAT. My hopes for him is that he is above average for a good 10 years or so.

Mariota can't carry an entire team on his back, and neither can a healthy Luck, for very long at all. Nowhere did I say he sucks, or is even mediocre, but he is not really as special as he was made out to be. He's had enormous (almost impossible) shoes to fill, and he hasn't. Colts fans were spoiled beyond belief with Manning, even with the playoff choking.

Bottom line: he was not as advertised, which is almost always true for #1 overall pick QBs. But he came in with unheard of amounts of hype. And a franchise savior... he just isn't.

And I actively disliked Manning, not Luck. I just try to see it how it is.

#97 nickmsmith, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

This.

9. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I’m at work so can’t look up stats, but is there anything to remotely back up the Luck love of the media? I mean what he’s done in the league not college.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not in that Mulbiskie offense he wouldn't

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar