and with the first 2 rounds of the nfl draft done

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by griff33daddy, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd rather take Amukamara over Quinn.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I love Amukamara, and would not be upset at all if he was our pick, but Quinn is one of the few I would pass on him for.

3. 24

24 Starter

Wait, what? Quinn has an excellent counter move, he uses his speed on the inside and outside. He lacks technique to fight off blocks in run support, but apart from that, he's pretty complete as a pass rusher.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Quinn and the year off scares me. It also scares me that his stock seemed to rise while scouts were picking apart everyone that was on the field throughout the season.

If the Titans take him, I'll support the pick --- but I don't want him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nope. Generally he uses his speed to rush as far as he can outside, beating the tackle... then he'll come inside for the QB.

That doesn't work in the NFL. See: aging KVB. They'll let you run as far as you want out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKdkjZf5uk

1. Came from outside. 2. Came from outside (looping). 3. Up the middle unblocked. 4. Unblocked. 5. Came from outside. 6. Came from outside. 7. Came from outside (looping). 8. Came from outside. 9. Unblocked/Pass Deflect. 10. Came from outside. 11. Came from outside. 12. Hard to tell. 13. Hard to tell. 14. Unblocked run stop. 15. Inside (unblocked) 16. Nothing. 17. Came from outside. 18. Outside again.

Do you see something I'm not?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Deuce Wayne

Same video. But that one confirms my stance.

He either takes the outside or gets completely embarrassed in run support. He plays the run really badly. Many times just standing there out of position while the play continues.

He may go inside once every blue moon, but he's very unimpressive on the whole.

8. 24

24 Starter

I'm sorry, I didn't just watch some YouTube clip on him. I've watched full games on him from 2009. He has an excellent rip move to the inside. You're definitely wrong on this one.

9. Deuce Wayne

Oh. I guess he only makes highlights using the outside... which makes the point, really.

Either way- his run defense is bad enough to knock him out of consideration.

He;s not near in the same league as Bowers.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm tired of the BS scheme we run with our DEs being limited OLBs spread wide. Just line up 4 of the best DL guys we can and get after the QB without wasting guys lining up wide. Hopefully we are rid fo that silly scheme.

Cam Jordan is a better fit IMO. Can play DE and move inside if needed. Kind of a mix of JJ and Morgan. Strong at the point of attack (which frees up LBs to make tackles) but can still rush the QB and penetrate. Put him on one side and Morgan on the other. Instant upgrade to DL. Helps the run and pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar