And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

If Mallet, or luck is there when we draft we should take one of them, but I doubt that will happen. So I say CB, or DT 1st round.n 2nd round OL. then the rest of the draft anywhere on defense.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't really want a QB, but wouldn't mind one either. Andrew Luck is really the only QB I want.. and he'll be gone by us (probably). I would rather give VY another year with a new H/C. Our offense has been good all year (minus Texans and Steelers gm)..

I think our BIGGEST need is defense. We started out great on D and get worse every week. Cecil just isn't a good coordinator.

Instead I would like to see our draft go like this:

1st Round - CB. 3 Good corners in the draft: Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, and Janoris Jenkins. All 3 are 1st round worth and stellar athletes. If we could get a legit corner and move Verner to the slot it would really help our secondary. Most people blame alot on Hope, and I don't blame you... but there isn't any SS worth a 1st rounder this year. I believe Hope is a FA after '11 so we could go SS in the '12 draft. Plus we have alot of young talent at S: Rolle, Johnson, and Schommer that could develop.

2nd Round - C/OG. LeRoy Harris is a FA, let him walk. Instead draft a C and switch Amano back to G. There is a ton of interior lineman depth this year and we could get 1st round talent in the 2nd round. Other option: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

3rd Round - DE. Babin, Ball, Hayes, and Ford are all FAs. Morgan will be back, hopefully we resign at least two of them. We need another DE because we rotate like crazy. Even though Wasburn can take a 5th rounder and make him good.. lets see what he can do with 3rd round talent.

4th Round - TRADED FOR ALBERT HAYNESWORTH

This draft would be great. We get a legit corner to pair with a good corner group already. Beef up our O-Line to help the offense. And improve our DL with a 3rd and 4th. I don't think we should take a LB. We have 4 decent LBs and this year has a ton of LB FAs. We could pick-up a decent FA for depth purposes and see what our LB group does with a new D/C.

3. 24

24 Starter

I honestly don't think we'll have to trade for Haynesworth, I think the Redskins will just straight up release him.

4. xpmar9x

Even better. :brow:

I just think Big Al would be a great pick-up for the Titans. We need all the DT depth we can get... Brown and Jones seem to get hurt alot. If Big Al played 50% as good as he did in '08 i'd be happy. I think Albert is still a monster.. just hates the 3-4 and the Redskins.

5. xpmar9x

I've decided.. I want Prince Amukamara he's the next coming of Nnahmdi Asomugha. Who legit would it be to have an amazing shutdown corner, Finnegan at #2, Verner at #3... wow.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Titans were perfectly content with starting a rookie at corner this year. I doubt very seriously that they'll consider a CB in the first two rounds. Verner has exceeded expectations and they have a capable starter in McCourty, as well (or at least in their eyes).

7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I don't want Albert Haynesworth. Don't get me wrong he is a great player when he wants to be. He isn't worth having on the team since he got the big money,he doesn't much care about playing he would rather sit on the bench.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If the top 2 QB's are gone I would go DT or LB.

9. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Case Keenum is going for his 6th year due to missing the season with torn ACL

10. xpmar9x

Is that official?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar