Amik Robertson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Check Jaravis Davis too, similar kind of guy ;)

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Why wouldn't you? Very impressive combine numbers combined with a highly productive career. Only Fulton and Jaylon Johnson are above him on my list of CBs that might be available at 29.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I watched just 3 games cut ups of his, maybe i picked the wrong 3.

I dont see a bad player at all, but I also dont see what the hype is about so far.

#13 JCBRAVE, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Darnay Holmes too. That's the exact comparison I had for him

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Gladney is ok, just don't get the 1st round hype. He's limited physically(5'10) and athletically(4.47) and his tape isn't that impressive.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Dude is clearly athletic. People expected much faster in the combine. Watching him run with Mims, I don't think speed is a problem at all.

You seem to put a lot of value on height at CB. The Titans are more comfortable with taking a 5'10" CB than a lot of other teams. That's clear.

I like him a lot, but also don't love him as our 1st pick.

Problem with picking 29 is that unless someone really drops, you are going to end up with someone that a lot of folks had as a 2nd rounder. There are at least 15 guys that I think would be a steal in the 2nd, but would find mildly disappointing as a 1st round pick. ...especially after Landry and Brown the last 2 years, both of whom were sometimes mocked to us in the 1st.

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

There is at least some value to picking in the 1st. If the guy works out we get the 5th yr option. But a trade back scenario does seem best with how great rounds 2-4 of this class look.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yessir.

...but I think that that fans (including myself) get too caught up on value and more specifically getting value at every pick. Not every pick can be a value pick and it doesn't always make sense to trade down. So I gotta remind myself and others that you gotta look at the overall picture of how you used the draft to improve your team.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

There is nothing wrong with those numbers. He is average height for an NFL corner. 4.47 40 is also above average. The tape I've seen is pretty impressive. Plus, he has extensive experience in a pass happy league and has graded out very well during that time. I'd probably rather have Henderson, Jaylon Johnson, Fulton, or Terrell, but Gladney is right up there with them, imo. The one guy I'm not high on (at least in the 1st round) is Diggs. He just doesn't have much experience and is too raw, despite his ultra athletic ability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar