Am I a bad fan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ncaalover12, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hate to say it, but Munch was our best option at the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Lockers gonna come back and get raped again.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just can't buy that. As I said before, this was a lame, "safe" hire by a team that has a history of being lame and safe.

Sure we missed out on the big names, like Harbaugh. But I just don't see how Much was the best available option. Who did we even interview anyway? IIRC it was Munchak, Heimerdinger (who had cancer, not a legitimate option), Perry Fewell (to satisfy Rooney Rule), and Mike Mularkely (LOL, really?).

Now if that's not a sorry excuse for a "head coaching search" I don't know what it is. If you ask me, it's obvious that this was intended to be an "in-house handoff" all along.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree

We lost a head coach and both QBs after that season and with an impending lockout that ended up with no training camp. It was safe and conservative, and the right call at the time. Of course I would like to have Harbaugh now, but thats hind sight.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Throw all the money you can at guys like Cowher, Gruden, even guys like Wade Phillips, Dom Capers, and Perry Fewell, etc. At least put in the effort and show you care about getting this team back on the map. We're a freaking doormat right now, and it sucks.

6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Besides the language, great post. I feel the exact same way. This 8-8, 7-9, 9-7 crap just holds us back. No one fears the Titans. We have no playmakers on defense, did you hear the Colts flying around on defense today? We sit there like slugs, no emotion at all. Wait, when it hits you in the hands for an INT and you drop it, I guess I wouldnt show much emotion either. When you hit the QB late when your team gets a fumble recovery and you cost us 3 pts, I guess I wouldnt show much emotion either. When you miss a 44yd FG that would have probably won us the game, I guess you wouldnt show much emotion either. When your Coach Munch.....yea he stands there and makes faces but never goes beyond that, I guess I wouldnt show much emotion either.

7. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

But CJ was starting to turn it on, back to back 10 plus yard runs on the drive we got a FG mid 4th (13-7). But what we dont realize, is how we went away from him for the most part after that. On the last drive of the game for us, we have it 1st in 10 at the Indy 42 yd line. Our play selection (run on 1st down, deep pass 2nd down, weak slant on 3rd down) when we only needed around 6-8 yards for a shot. Chris Johnson would have got that if we would have ran him more than 1 time. What you cant do is spread them 5 wide with no RB option, thats just dumb for only needed 6-8 yds. We're bad though, your right about that. What bothers me is how some of us think we are good? Even after we beat BUF, I didnt think we were good, more like luck and BUF stinks.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

We looked our best against Arizona on Monday Night in Pre-season.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I see where you're coming from. But IMO there's no excuse to not do a more thorough search and interview process. This was the most important hire in Tennessee Titan history. And a wrong move had the potential to set us back 3-5 years (and most likely has IMO).

So what do they do? They trot out an in-house assistant, our OC who was dying of cancer, a Rooney Rule satisfaction, and a guy who's a proven HC failure. This is the best they could do? Really?

This is the kind of thing that infuriates me most about this organization. SAFE SAFE SAFE = MEDIOCRE MEDIOCRE MEDIOCRE

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Unlike you, I actually accept facts as reality. Offering the Manning contracts proves Bud isn't cheap.

WHAT big contracts on D are you talking about??? We didn't sign Wimbley until after Manning signed with Broncos (if memory serves me) and we didn't sign Griffin to the extension until after Manning.

Basically you are just making stuff up to rant now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar