All Tings CJ Go In Here . . . . . . . . . . . . . And tings like dat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

First I was like...

[​IMG]

Now I'm like...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

lol.. you quoted before I edited.

I dont like CJ, and have not in quite some time. However its pretty clear that the Titans stuck it to him. I dont evne care that they did, but this "maybe they were waiting to work out a deal" crap... no lol... just no lol

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was referring to what appeared to me to be your misplaced loyalty to CJ.

It's pertinent to the point I'm trying to make, so maybe you should try to keep up.

I'm quite aware of what we're discussing, thanks.
    I misspoke, my apologies. It wasn't a "good" business decision, it was a GREAT business decision.

By not allowing an overpaid and underperforming douchebag to dictate terms to the FO and coaching staff, the Titans gained something priceless :

AN OBJECT LESSON

You can bet your a$$ that every player that remains on the team took notice. It signals the departure of rules that apply to all but one or two players, and the arrival of an alien concept in Tn:

ACCOUNTABILITY

Goodbye to the days of players like Albert Haynesworth, Adam Jones, Vince Young, Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson. This new staff isn't putting up with it.

I'm well over it, I just happen to think that the FO did exactly what they should have done. They held out to the end on the chance they might be able to reach a deal with CJ or another team to recoup some of their investment, per what was in the contract that CJ signed.

I take it you would have preferred that the FO allowed him to fly the middle finger to them, and then kiss his a$$ on the way out? Great example to set for the remainder of the team....

I have to say that I agree with you on the rest of your points. If I come across as an ass, it's because I probably am one, just ask my wife :)

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Alex1939

It really is amazing to consider the egos on these fools and that they were ALL TITANS. I really don't think it is normal to deal with so much douchebaggery for one NFL franchise.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Bonky

I think it was not a coincidence at all, but rather a pretty good indication that most of the problems in Tn started at the top.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

I agree totally. Been saying fire Fisher and Reese is a bum since 06'.

But I was a VY fan so I am officially mildly retarded. I also thought the Bears were gonna rock with Cade McNown. True Story.

VY BETTER THAN AARON ROGERS AND MOST HOF QBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm sure you've noticed that when it comes to CJ logic goes out the window on this board.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I dont even like him, so thats cleared up now.

Interesting, because I thought your point was that you felt that the staff was trying to hold onto CJ and work something out with him. What I quoted, and you replied to, was whining about the things CJ did wrong.

How many points are you trying to make?

Then why are we about to start arguing over other points, and stuff that has nothing to do with the fact that the organization stuck it to CJ.

People want to justify why the organization stuck it to CJ. Thats fine but... they still stuck it to him.

Because the old staff didnt?

Youre not keeping up with the team if thats what you think. Jones is gone. VY is gone. Britt was phased out by the Munch regime and CJ was having his role reduced as well....

Not that I didnt see what you tried to do there.

No, I would have just released him.

Just make sure you are the right one. Everyone gets a laugh out of a smartass, but no one likes a *******.

Edit: Smart ass is ok, Dumb ass gets edited.

lol

THe last thing me and your wife talk about when I see her, is you.

:catfight:

:chuck:

:toast:

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

They did him like he did them.....So glad we don't have to hear his bs and broken promises on the regular now...Cheers, to Sankey!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Bonky

The last of your posts to which I responded took too damb long on tapatalk, and so kindly excuse me for taking the quick route.

1. The Titans made the right business decision. Yes, "CJ said he wasn't taking a paycut to play for the Titans". IIRC, he also said he was going to break 2500 yards. The FO also needed to find out if another team was impatient enough to offer a deal for him. CJ wouldn't be the first player to rethink his position after issuing an ultimatum, and it's not unheard of for teams to hit the panic button if an essential player goes down due to injury.

2. CJ demanded a trade, and showed disrespect to both the FO and the coaching staff. Caving to his demands would set a bad precedent for the players to follow in their dealings with the new owner, the FO and new coaching staff. The FO set the right example for the remaining players by refusing to let a single player dictate terms to them.

3. The new owner and coaching staff, unless I'm mistaken, had nothing to do with Albert Haynesworth, Vince Young, Adam Jones, Kenny Britt, and Chris Johnson or how they were repeatedly exempted from the standards imposed upon the other players. Bud Adams, Jeff Fisher, and Fisher Light™ (Munchack) no longer have final say on what goes on in the locker room. The old regime only dealt with the problem players after the damage had already been done, and we all see how well that worked out.

4. If you would have just released him, it's a good thing you're not trying to impose your will upon a group of alpha males, they'd run all over you.

I don't expect you to agree with me, but I did want to clarify my position.

And btw, I asked my wife about what you discuss and it turns out you're right, my name never comes up. She said you keep asking if you can wear her skirt and heels to see if it "makes your butt look big", whatever that means :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar