All time franchise draft...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Unexpectedly undrafted...

Mike Rozier
    Billy "White Shoes" Johnson
    Mike Renfro

Oilers didn't pass much in the seventies... Some very talented players didn't put up great numbers.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was close to taking Billy Johnson.

I was also close to taking Mike Reinfeldt.....

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought about White Shoes but he really wasn't good enough to justify a spot over my other WRs.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldo Hill

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was going for an all round team, but since I was stuck with Pastafarini I thought I did well enough to give him some weapons, a solid OL and the best RB the Oilers/Titans have ever had.

But I like to think with All-Pros at pretty much every level this is a well-rounded team that should compete and be a consistent play-off team.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I didn't want to keep bumping this during the NFL draft hoopla, but now that the hype from that is dying down I thought I'd revisit this. Looking back it's clear to see the franchise has had a lot of good DB's, Olineman, WR's and RB's. not too many true stand outs at LB... and at QB the franchise has been somewhat blessed by having four long term starters that pretty much covered the team's history; Blanda for most of the 60's, Pastorini for almost the entire decade of the seventies (who incidentally I think I is tad underrated due to the crap teams he was on until the late seventies... he was a first overall pick with a cannon arm and tough as nails). Moon stepped in from 83 through 93 and in 95 McNair was drafted. That's a hell of a good run. Since McNair fans have been confronted by what Bears and Lions fans knew for decades... true franchise QB's... not that easy to find.

If I had to do this over i'd take Campbell or Bethea at one (it really is crazy how good Elvin Bethea was)

Still stewing that Gunny got MY outside linebackers. If this draft was gonna be truly fun for me, you guys kinda had to suck, ;] at least one of you. Y'all f'd that up.

Any thoughts on who'd win a four team playoff?

Defense usually wins championships, which kinda leaves my Moon led squad SOL.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

Id have to go with crow on this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar