All those scared of a new coach.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd high five you on this, but God only know what's on your hands. LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would trade fisher for Ryan. Fisher has forgotten his roots, "buddy ryan 46" defense. I do not like the way we have changed our defense ( we used to blitz not 4 man mush rush and zone ). Rex Ryan may get burned and may lose, but he does not just sit back in a 4 man rush and let Brady, Manning ,schuab,or any other good qb pick zone defense apart. He is going to hit you and blitz you. I understand that fisher is conservative on offense but we have become conservative on defense too......therefore our conservative 8-8 finish. We need to make major changes on the defensive side of the ball, but unless we change at the top, I do not see any changes, and we will see the same rush 4 zone scheme, that gives up 350 yards passing each week.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

No college coaches!!!! The failure rate of college coaches in the pros is one you can't argue with. And, I'd rather stay away from retread NFL head coaches. How about Brian Schottenheimer? Leslie Frazier? Russ Grimm?

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Phillips is a terrible coach with the most talented team in football. Hell Jeff Fisher is like the Number 1 person a top their wish list to replace him (other than Cowher that is). The fact that you included him shows how much you know about coaching.

As for the others:

Caldwell took over the best spot in the NFL right now. Any time you have Peyton Manning as your QB, you are a lock to win 10 games.

Norv Turner is in the same situation as Caldwell. Took over an immensely talented team.

Rex Ryan backed into the playoffs by playing 2 teams the final 2 weeks of the season that ran out their back ups. The Jets are not "improved."

All Schwartz had to do was win exactly 1 game to improve the Lions.

Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos are all the same teams from last season. The Bronco's are arguably worse since McDaniels forced out their Pro Bowl QB. And most fans want McDaniels fired already.

5. amy

amy Starter

How 'bout Rex's brother? ;)

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Blitzing teams have their holes as well. I'd rather be like the Giants and have a dominant D-Line and not have to blitz very often (though due to injuries, the Giants did in fact blitz more often this year). In fact, that's we were last season and we had a fantastic defensive team.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stats don't tell the whole story, but they don't lie. I am up for almost anyone besides Fisher. I can deal with him again, but I might end 2010 on a heart medication.

8. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

wha....wha...wha?
    we had a fantastic defensive team? wtf.... okay

but more to the point, why do people wanna be one way or the other (a blitzing team or a rush 4 type team) why cant you do BOTH, your a professional football team with very great athletes... is it not possible to coach your team to do both depending on the flow of the game or the situation? mindlessly sayin hey, we're a rush 4 team and never swayin from it even when its obviously killing us is stupid... not to mention stubburn

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Colin Cowherd made an interesting point a while back that teams like Pittsburgh continue to be effective after coaching changes because they hire coaches who fit their overall philosophy and attitude. This leads me to question: just what is the Titans philosophy? What changes would you expect a new coach to make (aside from experience over talent and the Prevent Defense)?

10. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Uh Pittsburgh is a horrible example for that, they have had what 3 coaches in how many years??? And Tomlin is not far out from the team that Cowhler had with his last Superbowl win.

I dont think that is coaching, that has ALOT to do with Pitts D, and the system that has been in place for a long time. Aside from Troy, Pitt can basically go into the draft or free agency and find replacements for their D.

And Tomlin severely changed Pitts philosophy....Steelers used to be a smash mouth run hard team....he faded away from that into a pass happy team. Albiet that could be just from adapting to what the league has become.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar