All these accusations about Fisher are ridiculous..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Am I the only one who is fed up of the handful of members trying to sell their insane conspiracy theory regarding Coach Fisher; accusing him of deliberately working hard to sabotage this franchise as payback for not being handed a new contract as of yet? :irked:

Fact: Even if Fisher knew for a fact that he would not be given a new contract, he wouldn't dare deliberately sabotage the team prior to leaving.

Actions like that could get him into serious trouble with the commissioner as well as the law. It would be the end of his career. Even if he does get away with it, other teams would not want anything to do with him. Look at what happened to OJ when he got away with murder.

The majority continue to deem him guilty regardless of the fact that he beat the legal system and was proven not-guilty in the court of law.

If you are the GM or owner of another team, would you want to bring in a 'questionable' coach who might be scandalous and (may, or may not) have sabotaged another team as payback for not being issued a new contract. If he did it to another team, what guarantees are there that he would not do it to yours before his contract expires? Even if another team does decide to sign him after headlines have been printed with his name and the word ‘scandal’ in the same sentence, his value and salary would be greatly diminished as he would be considered a controversial coach with a huge question mark hanging over his head.

He would be watched like a hawk and his integrity and credibility would be in question throughout the rest of his short career.

Sabotaging a team is not as easy as it sounds. One would only assume that GMs and team owners do immediately (yet privately) question any suspicious move a coach makes. If any of the NFL coaches’ actions are ‘noticeably’ fishy, the team owner would immediately veto that action and fire that coach. If it is that easy to play around with a team’s roster with intentions of purposely ruining a team, the NFL would become a corrupt organization with team owners bribing other coaches in the same division in order to destroy their teams.

Say what you want about Coach Fisher.. but accusing him (or any other NFL coach) of deliberately trying to sabotage his team is ridiculous. :bonk2:

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Conspiracy theory = LT.

I don't know Fisher's mindset, but it certainly seems to take a player being injured before he will be replaced for bad play.

3. i agree pitbull, but the reason for this is how he leaves players out on the field that obviously cannot get it done... LT, Hill, Sirmon (thank God he retired), Pillar

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Some of the moves Fisher has made might be better explained by a conspiracy theory than reasonable logic IMO but Fisher is probably 99% staying another 3 or 4 years until his kids are out of HS.

5. It is true Fish is alittle lets say "Bullheaded" or "Stuborn" but you have to understand he is an ex-player and thats the way he was taught. Fish is in the Top 5 of coachs in the league and he always has a gameplan. I can't imagine life W/o Coach Fisher, but some people just would biatch no matter who we had as coach,so let 'em whine and complain.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's what he's been doing as long as he's been the coach here.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:

You hit the nail right on the head there NJ.. i couldn't have said it better myself.

Fisher is stubborn and its sucks.. but that shouldn't lead people to believe that he is messing the franchise up deliberately because of the hard-headed over confident stance he sometimes takes with some players.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Fisher's done no matter what he wants, but I do think he's not trying to do well on purpose. If not, he truly is hopeless.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

this is stupidest theory I have ever heard. Gloat you really think this? What evidence is there of this? We were 8-8 last year after a 1-5 start so that is not evidence. Then we have an off season that some fans don't like (The Gloat for one) and now we have a theory that this "bad" off season is Fisher trying to sabotage the team? How ridiculous can you be? No evidence at all!

10. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Fish isn't going anywhere and why would you want him too?? You want him to go somewhere else and win a superbowl... I think a large problem of this FO was Reese, enjoy ESPN... Fish has done the best with what cards he had to play year in and out..I didn't here all the Fisher bashing when we were going 8-3 in the last part of the season... I'm sure he'd like to go back and change some things but hindsight is 20/20 there isn't anyone who wouldn't like to take some things back or change decisions we've made that's part of being human...People need to relax..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar