All of you idiotic Fisher defenders...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Mistakes like fumbles and stupid penalties happen all the time. They cost the Titans wins because this team lacks a killer instinct, and it always has.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what? It was our inability to run the ball that stopped those drives. Much of those 11 plays were inside our own 20 yard line.

We could not control the clock, We had that -4 yard play with Ringer that ruined that drive.

The Broncos also changed up their blitzes and VY didn't adjust well.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Deliberately? What do i have to gain from that? We have an idiot trying to say that Jeff fisher wants to destroy CJ but don't respond to that accuse me of corruption instead. :rolleyes:

4. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

Im in Salt Lake and surrounded by Bronco fans including my in laws... Im frickin embarrased again. Fisher and his "keep it close and win it in the end" strategy has cost them another one. Been a fan of this franchise since 79' and this one is mind numbing, since all of you "oh its just unfortunate and we are still 2-2" please just save it. Im upset and its because of the coaching. They dont play to win, but rather not to lose.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If you're not deliberately scewing the facts, then explain to me why you include the 3 desperation pass plays at the end of the game, where Fisher had no choice but to pass, to defend his playcalling?
    Without those 3 plays he almost called twice as many run plays as pass plays after we got ahead by 4, even though our running game had been anemic the whole game, while Young actually moved the ball well.
    And when he did call a pass, it was on obvious passing downs like 2nd and long or 3rd and long.

And yes, I know Heimerdinger calls the plays, but if anbyone thinks Fisher isn't controlling the playcalling philosophy on both offence and defence then I don't know what planet they're from...

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Bleh...another Fisher hate blog. I guess I will throw my "idiotic" opinion into the ring here.

What I saw (especially in the 4th quarter) was more underperformance from our offensive line. The Broncos defense was starting to look for real estate in our backfield in the 4th quarter. When the defense begins to live in the backfield, it really does not matter what play is called. The Ringer stuff referenced by RollTide was a defensive player unabated to him. The VY sacks and throwaways were due to extreme pressure. This has to improve. I thought that opening it up a bit would help CJ, but we actually did open it up a bit today, and it did not help. That IMO is more of a reflection of O Line play.

I agree that Fisher is conservative, but disagree that this is why we lost. As referenced earlier, a missed FG, bonehead penalties (in addition to Hope, the 5 yards we always want to spot the offense is getting very old), Mariani's rookie boo boo, and other miscues (several dropped balls as well) did not help. None of this (except maybe the penalties) is coaching, it is execution.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsteg..."If you're not deliberately scewing the facts, then explain to me why you include the 3 desperation pass plays at the end of the game, where Fisher had no choice but to pass, to defend his playcalling? "

Because had Mariani not fumbled that kick we might have had 8-10 more pass plays then we did.

Actually there were 30 pass plays called in which Vince threw a pass 28 times. Want to take away those 3? Fine!

That is still 27 called pass plays to 21 runs.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Rolltide quoting statistics is like an ape reading Thoreau in that both have equal comprehension.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

... Cecil OUT

[​IMG]

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seems Jeff Fisher would have chosen a username like "GoUSC" or something. Not many USC alums become Alabama fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar