All of you idiotic Fisher defenders...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Rolltide if your going to be the big Fisher defender then answer me this.

1. Why did our offense only score 13 points against a defense that gives up 22?
    2. Why did we just sit on our 4 point lead?

This isn't the first time we've lost a game we should have won and with Fisher at the helm it wont be the last.

2. Coov

Coov Starter

Simple question... Has Fisher ever apologized and taken responsibility for a loss? I know it happens occasionally with other coaches. I just can't recall Fisher taking the heat. I could be wrong though.

3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Honestly i have to admit, I was so mad at that play call that I wished they would miss the field goal.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lmao this rolltide dude is absolutely hilarious. It's hard to believe he can't comprehend how Fisher might have something to do with a loss. I can't help but read your posts in a down syndrome voice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, we've focused on the offence, but that's because we've discussed Fisher's patented prevent the win defence ad nauseam in the past.

Go watch the game again. You will see two completelty different Titans teams in the first 2½ and the last 1½ quarter. After Bironas gives us a 4 point lead, we consistently try to run against a defence expecting the run, only pass when the situation obviously calls for it and I'm willing to bet we play a soft bend-dont-break defence, that invariably breaks, instead of continuing the great playcalling we had when we weren't ahead.

To me it shouldn't take someone with playing or coaching experience to see why that is extremely dangerous when having only a slim lead.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Consistently try to run? We are talking about 4 plays from a drive that began on our own 4!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would that have to all be the head coaches fault? Our offensive line can't block anybody half the time after playing so well the last 2 seasons.

We could have scored more if Mariani didn't fumble we would have had plenty of time and 2 time outs to either tie the game or win it.

Another simple reality if you would look it up is that we only had the ball for 24 minutes vs 35 minutes for Denver. Maybe if the defense could get off the field a little sooner the offense would have had more opportunities.

Can you come up with something more specific and less simple? Jeff fisher is actually has one of the best records going into the 4th quarter with a lead.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You would have a good point if Fisher was the one who caused the pass interference and it was Fisher who fumbled the ball on the kickoff.

We were in a position to win and 2 players made plays that screw us out of a win so why should he apologize?

9. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

Did you happen to catch Solomon Wilcots' point he made late in the game yesterday on the air? He basically said that with the style of game the Titans play, it leaves very little room for error. For you to be placing the blame on TWO plays out of all the plays in the whole game is really unfair.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Game plan/play-calling sucked. As usual.

[/thread]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar