All MR haters unite (Official Reinfeld is incompetent thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Hater- I am not. Smart alleck- I am. However, with the best record in the league we still couldn't muster enough fire-power when it REALLY counted. I would think they would be a little more active trying to get the pieces this team was missing. "One and done" in the playoffs feels the same whether your regular season record is 13-3 or 9-7.
    Oh, and they should have sewn up Albert's contract last summer. In my humble opinion the Titans' front office is too stingy and too cautious.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yup, it was MRs fault Chris Johnson got injured.. Every team in the league sans The Redskins is hearing the same crying about FA inactivity.

3. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

only thing that bothers me is T.O. goes to buffalo to a 1 yr contract for chump change.....and the titans are signing third string wr's......heck, they are even high on lance moore now

i can understand filling voids, but i heard for the last 5 years now, "we are one year away"

we dominated last year, lost in the playoffs because of STUPID mistakes........we need a lil upgrading.....just a lil

cuz heck....we proved if chris johnson doesnt play there is no running game

ahh im venting

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

we added the speed in the wr corps that we needed with washington. while he was a number 3 in pittsburgh, he will prolly be at least a number 2 here. he has the ability to spread the deffense, which will open up the underneath passes and the running game. by adding key pieces, our team will be better. the titans have never gone after high profile players in FA. why would they start now. they make good decisions. why risk spending huge money on a player when they could become lazy because of the pay day they just got?? we resigned KFC, hentrich. and brought in a couple of good other players to fill voids. and FA isnt over. still have about umm...4 months of it.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahhaahha...for sure.

i got a question though...were they really f'in debating over 2M....cause if so....that would really really piss me off....

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wouldn't say 6.5 mil is chump change for TO. As for Lance Moore we would be looking at a young WR we could have around for 5-6 years and Moore had about as good of a year as TO last year. If I had to choose between the two I'd rather have Lance Moore

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Why are we so cheap?

b4 i say this i do have faith in our office...but sometimes tey make me scratch my head to some decisions....lets look at this yr..

1 - big al - i honostly dont belive that whole 2M thing? i want to know if tehres any truth to that? b/c thats just too bogus. if there was actually a way to proove that was true...that would rock my foundation as a titan fan...i mean c'mon 2M

2 - Carr - 2 yr 5M is nothing now a days....i cant understand that. in the beginnin he wasnt doin too good as a returner...than towerds the end i was expecting big returns...he did play pretty good as a reserve cb (at least better than hill). regardless of his cb skills everone is always talking about speical teams importance (ie change a game, momentum) ...r u telling me its not worth 1M$ (guessin we offered him 2 yr 4M)

3 - Loper - he was a top grade backup...so good he coulda started for us imo. and he can play any position on that line...im happy we still have harris but our OL is a huge strength we NEED to kep it that way. woulda been nice to enter the season w/ two backups w/ starter potential.

4 - king - he was good depth how much could he have costed?

5 - simms - ive actually always liked the guy...since tampa i thought he had good potential.... and he didnt cost much. and from every article i read it sounded like he was really clicking with the team.

....r we gonna continue w/ this...b/c if so we are going to loose a lot of players next yr...

8. GMITTS

i would go with the thought that if our FO didnt sign them, there must have been issues that we as fans dont know about. granted simms always seemed like a good back up, eager to learn, and play.
    or maybe, they are holding back this year because half of our defense is out next year and they want to sign those guys. so they save some money this year for next year.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For real? Your gripe is with backups?

Loper wants a chance to start, so does Carr, so does King.

Simms signs here to be a #3, signs in Denver to be a #2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GMITTS

back ups are people to gunny...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar