All in on Mett?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9376/jameis-winston

Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean believes the Titans would pass on both Florida State QB Jameis Winston and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota with the No. 2 overall pick in May's draft.
    It sounds like the Titans are seriously considering going all-in on Zach Mettenberger as their 2015 starter. Wyatt -- one of the most trusted beat reporters in the business -- is essentially echoing a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who stated Sunday the Titans were "content" with Mettenberger under center. Wyatt "can't see" the Titans using the No. 2 pick on a quarterback. Dec 30 - 9:03 AM

This is what I am leaning towards wanting to do as well.

Not sold on either QB - Winston has all the talent in the world but is a bone-head, we would be an even bigger joke as anything he does stupid off the field will be magnified - like Johnny Football to a lesser degree.

Mariota is all about class and would be interesting if he was still sitting there at 2 - which is what everyone seems to want in this draft but I still wouldnt be crushed if they past.

Enter Randy Gregory and Leonard Williams.

Time to beef up the defensive line with one of these 2 studs perferrably Gregory -
    A very fast, pass rusher who should reek havoc on the line - something the Titans desperatly need as we know!

Besides - lets say Whiz isnt here next year - we start fresh new staff and then draft a QB next year - chances are they will have a top pick again next year in the draft.

Im curious to see who will be coming out next year in the QB class for the 2016 Draft.

Mett one more year at least - see what ya got. Beef up the D-line and try for a QB next year?

Or is everyone still obsessing over getting one of these 2 QBs? Its not looking good in the early stages so dont get your hopes up...

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed, ride with Mett but get him some serious competition beyond Jesus later in teh draft or in FA. Stock up on defense!

3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Ride Mett and a late round QB. This team needs to many pieces for another rookie to come in and try to win us games. Strong run game and defense can get us into the playoffs.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

- Ride with Mett.
    - Get a vet with starting experience who can compete for the job. Glennon etc.
    - Late round QB project

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

F*** Mett. That said if we go with him as our guy, I will rock with him. But I will be pissed if we don't at least look to upgrade the position first.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BigTime always consistent.
    Never happy unless where talking bringing in a brand.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

upload_2014-12-30_12-37-39.png

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Just for a quick comparison, not saying he will be Peyton or Andrew Luck, but it shows he has promise. Those are 2 1st overall selections compared to a 6th round pick.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I just mean that he should not just be given the job. You have to believe that a couple of vet QBs with starting experience will be available. If Mett can beat them out then he's got my support. He doesn't deserve the job because he has sucked less than Jake and Charlie is my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar