Alex Tanney Starter Material?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

As per TitanJeffs request. An Alex Tanney thread.

Alex Tanney is the reason you cannot read into anybodies play during preseason. They are literally testing things out. They are not planning the game in order to manage clock, gain certain amount of yards to control the clock, etc.

They just wanna try some plays out and see what happens. No matter how bad Mariota looked the first 2 drives or how good Mett looked his 2 drives, it does not matter yet.

As a reminder, Alex Tanney had the best passer rating for the Titans.

• Boring Boring x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Hahahahahaha really this thread? Hilarious!

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Don't get how somebody who can pull these off is only a lowly practice squader.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Manziel did that stuff too......remember? Lol

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

He'll while we are throwing out wild ideas why don't we keep Tanney and cut CBJ and roll with 2 rookies and 1 3nd year QB because their upside is better lol.

Oh god I hope you guys know I'm playing lol.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Some of those are pretty impessive. But it also doesn't show how many times he attempted them before he actually made it. Still cool though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Actually it was a nice change to see multiple Titan QB's connect with a variety of receivers. Mariota completed 88% of his attempts, Mett 73%, and both Whitehurst and Tanney were 100%, Ill take that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't really get this. There are legit NFL reporters that are stating their opinion that Mett is a starter. I don't see any problem with a thread talking about Mett. This is obviously to make fun of that, but I don't see the correlation or the point of this. Nobody really thinks Tanney is a starter. Mett showed enough last year that he could easily be starting for the Jets or Bills right now. Tanney would not be in that conversation.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I don't understand the point OP is trying to make.

Of course you can learn things from preseason. You just can't learn much from stats directly.

Who watched Tanney yesterday and thought "Now there is an NFL QB"?

Not me.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar