Alex Smith & The 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Even though the 49ers lost, I thought they played a great game against the Cardinals. The final score was 34-27. Alex Smith looked like a completely different QB from last season. His stats were 23-40 for 288 yards 1td 0ints. Vernon Davis caught his first td pass. Gore looked great also. He had 16 rushes 87 yards 2tds, and had 80 yards recieving. Maybe playing him all of last year was a good idea after all, Smith that is. Gore is a great RB sleeper for fanatasy teams, well not a sleeper anymore. And the greatest thing ever happened, which leads me to believe the Niners coaches were betting on the game. With 36 seconds left, they had 1st and 10 in Cardinal territory. Instead of trying to score a td, on 1st down they kick a FG to cover the spread. Mike Nolan bet on the game.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Yah, as soon as Barlow left I added him to as many of my fantasy teams as possible.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they kicked the field goal and got the onside, giving them as much time as possible.

Mike Nolan is going to be a very good coach I think.

Vernon Davis will be a monster.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

He better be with the kind of money they're paying him.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah true Gunny, they needed the 3 anyway. But it was great because this guy bet huge on the game that the niners would cover, and thought he lost, the spread was 9. They kicked the fg so fast, the guy almost fainted. Vernon Davis looked great at times, but he did fumble and drop a couple of passes. But he is a rookie.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'll give 'em credit, but they did this against that vaunted Arizona D, playing without their leading tackler to boot. Let's see how they do when they're up againt better Ds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar