Albert Haynesworth Admitting He Should've Stayed Here In Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well Albert admits he should've stayed here and that the grass is not always greener on the other side.Anyone else think we might've been better the last two or three years? I don't think he would've been great like he was in '07 or '08 but i do think he might've played well enough at times that we might've been better than 8-8 in 2009 and might've snagged a playoff spot as a wild card that year.

I think he might have had a few games here and there where he was a non factor but overall i think he still would've had his moments.I think its very ironic that he put an end to Matt Schaub's season.Imagine if somehow we do end up actually having a shot at the postseason due to that.

Anyone think he might have been a factor perhaps even this year if he was still here?

I think him leaving in 2009 set the wheels in motion for this team slipping and Washburn and Fisher eventually being gone.We had the best defense for two or three years straight and we really slid when he left.Hurts to say it but we haven't been dominant since he left.

We need to find ourselves another Kearse and Haynesworth and be dominant again.I think if we draft well that could happen again.We have Jerry Gray back coaching the defense so maybe he could give his input in April when its draft time.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nah I think he's pretty much a scumbag and he would've been lazy as hell.

And that was NOT in anyway my position when we let him go.

Also, our young line in encouraging. Not so encouraging I wouldn't look for an upgrade, but two rookie DTs starting and Morgan in his 2nd year and they don't look THAT bad.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The one thing that amazed me was how often Fat Al came home to Knoxville when he played in Washington. He was coming home for the night after practice sometimes. I would hardly ever see him around here during the season when he was on the Titans.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I think his kids still lived in Nashville so that's probably why.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah. I dunno. It was weird. I remember being a couple seats down from him at the bar and the television was on ESPN. They started showing him in practice with the Redskins from a few hours earlier. They said that practice would resume the next day and someone asked if he was skipping it and he was like, "Nah, I got a flight in the morning."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar