Akeem Ayers had surgery on both knees

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Titans linebacker Akeem Ayers turned in a disappointing season in 2013 and knee problems were partially to blame for his drop in productivity.

Ayers revealed Monday that he had surgeries on both knees to repair injuries to his patella tendon this offseason. The surgery on his right knee, which happened in January, was previously reported, but Ayers said Monday that his attempt to play through the injury led to problems in his left knee as well. The surgery on the left knee came six weeks later and Ayers said he’s looking forward to being back to 100 percent after not being “at the best of my ability” last season.

“It was actually pretty bad even before the season started,” Ayers said, via the Tennessean. “I didn’t know the severity of the injury until pretty much after the season. I pretty much thought it was soreness or pain that would eventually go away. But throughout the season, it got worse and worse. I had to sit (parts of) games out and sit practices out, but I didn’t really know how bad it was until the end of the season. That’s when I found out I needed surgery.”

Ayers is doing individual drills at OTAs and expects to be fully ready to go by the time the Titans start training camp. Assuming he’s healthy, Ayers should be back in the starting lineup come September.

[​IMG]

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We got some janky ass LBs....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Back in the winter. I was a little worried the surgery was more recent.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

So that's what the problem was. I knew there was clearly something wrong with him last year.

Hopefully he can get back to form.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree...He pulled a 180 from the previous year....

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've never been fully sold on Ayers as a Titan, but hopefully the move back to a 3-4 will help him bounce back.

7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Not good to have two flat tires when you only have two wheels

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The new defense will fit this guy to a tee! I even think wimbley will look much better in the new defense.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ayers, if worse comes to worse, would make a good ILB. That is if he cannot be the pass rusher we need on the outside. He could end up being that big thumper we need on the inside. Worst case scenario that is.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im expecting a good season from Wimbley at OLB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar