AJ Green likely suspended? (update: nope)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bupac

bupac Starter

AJ and Mike Evans should get a game at least. Winston should get fined....for the worst pre game speech ever.

2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Rather to throw a personal foul there is a judgement call. Shoving a guy during a play isn't an ejection. If it were, then teams would be down to playing 7 on 7 during the 4th quarter every week. lol

There's a rule in the NFL rulebook that a player who is a "repeat offender of a penalty" may be disqualified from the game ... this could, in theory, be applied to any penalty that a player is repeatedly offending on purpose. The problem is that he was only an offender of a "warning" ... Ramsey was disqualified before receiving a penalty.

This is also in the rulebook:
    Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.
    If a shove during a run play is "flagrant", then we should start seeing a ton of ejections. lol

I just think it's a bad idea to set the precedent that if you shove during a run play, you will be punished equal to the guy the punches you, chokes you, and throws you around like a rag doll after the play is over. If you do as the league asks you do and don't react and you get the same punishment anyways, then why not go ahead and defend yourself?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

They didn't. You can be ejected for any personal foul / unnecessary roughness.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#penalty-summary

Can't provide a direct link but:
    Order of the Rules -> Rule 12. Player Conduct -> Section 2 - Personal Fouls -> Article 6. Unnecessary Roughness:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. RealestWhiteBoy

Right, if it is "flagrant" ... I quoted that rule in my last post. So, is the argument that it is "flagrant" to simply push a player on the backside of a run play during a live ball? Because, like I said, if that's the case then we will be watching 7 vs 7 during the 4th quarter, because there's going to be dozens of ejections during every game. lol

The reaction of the other player can't make your foul "flagrant". You can't be held responsible for how another player reacts. If a shove is flagrant, then the refs haven't been doing their job all year, as everyone on every team should have been ejected in every game. :p

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Not that one action, but like the refs said - they've been warned multiple times.
    Refs were rushing in before Green even got to Ramsey. They knew something was going to happen.

(about 0:57)

(And yeah, Mike Evans is a douche too).

6. RealestWhiteBoy

Still not ejection worthy. They both received warnings about being too rough, not penalties. One guy shoves during a live play ... the other guy chokes, punches, and slams him numerous times after the play. Which one is a penalty and worthy of an ejection? Shoving a guy during a run play is a ticky-tacky penalty at best, not flagrant in any way ... not an ejection.

7. RealestWhiteBoy

If Green is somehow not suspended, then I would have my DBs talking to him all game long. Try to evoke the same reaction from him, again. Get in his head early and stay there, try to get him out of the game before halftime.

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Green should get suspended. I hate to defend a hags player but yeah Ramsey got screwed over there.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ramsey been ejected before and he was provoking AJ Green throughout the game. They both got warnings to knock it off, they didn’t. Ramsey took a cheap shot push down, Green lost it. Both should have been ejected; Ramsey went all Ghandi flop to try to avoid a penalty on himself. didn’t work- too bad.

Both should have been ejected. Only Green should be suspended.

10. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

• LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar