AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This was a smart trade.

I loved aj... But100 mil, 57 guaranteed, for a WR who has never played a complete season? Who talks crazy **** like playing baseball?

Nah man. I think the smart teams will be drafting WR in the top 3 rounds every year, and letting them walk.

Look at it this way... We could keep AJ, or Simmons.

Jrob made the right call. And I will trust that he got the best return he could. I would have hoped for a second too, but it seems it wasnt there.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The fact that the Eagles already had a deal in place for AJ means this was already agreed upon if Burks was there at 18. It also means the Titans couldn’t get a better deal for AJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

The Titans Reddit page is like that too. I'm sure most are on suicide watch by now.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the dude was done with us and we flipped to "get what you can" mode. Which is probably the right move given the circumstances. Hopefully Burks is good.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I have a feeling if we had not given him a 25mil contract he would have sat out this season. We really had no choice but to trade him.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just our damn luck.. Everyone wants a WR the draft we trade AJ in.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

End his time in TN for trading a disgruntled player they couldn't possibly pay 25mil+/yr? Doubtful. The trade was about getting something for AJ because the Titans weren't paying him 25mil a year. Had to strike while the iron was hot. Turned a 2nd rounder into a couple of good seasons and a first round pick..

I just looked and 5 WRs currently make 20mil/year with 4 making 4-10mil/year more. If AJ settled for 20 he'd be a Titan. But I can also understand his side knowing 5m a year for the next 4 years was out there waiting. Can't blame either side.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just feel bad for everyone who invested in an AJ Brown jersey.. I feel the pain, as I invested in a Corey Davis jersey.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

I thought for sure when the Jets picked at 10 that AJ was going to be a Titan this year

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

To anyone hating this, I'm willing to bet any dollar amount up to $100 that the Titans will have a better record than the Eagles. Any takers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar