AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The Titans offered him $40 million guaranteed. He came back demanding $75-80 million guaranteed or no deal. He essentially stopped negotiating from that number. The Titans wouldn’t go that high on a guy who was injured half of last season. So they traded him.

Then Philly gave him $57 million guaranteed.

Clearly his ridiculous demand was just a way out of Tennessee.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The problem here is that Brown and the Titans are making opposing claims as to the demands and offers.

Titans are saying Brown wanted ~80 million and they offered +60 million.
    Brown is saying he asked for ~60 million and was offered ~50 million.

No way of knowing who is telling the truth (I wouldn't buy a used car from either of them). It also muddies the picture that it differs a lot whether you're talking guaranteed pay or including escalators...

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They cut off communications with the Titans BECAUSE of the insulting offer. That is on JRob, not AJ.

I would argue that it is a passing league and AJ should have been the guy on offense. Henry is aging and RBs don't last nearly as long as WRs. We would have gotten many more years out of AJ than we will Henry.

I can't remember where I saw/heard this, maybe that call that got leaked that AJ was on with Deebo where they were talking about contracts. But AJ said they offered $16 million per year. I think he ended up getting around $25 million per year.

I am fairly certain that Tannehill had the biggest cap hit of any player in the NFL this year. I saw the NFL tweet it out back around when training camp began. However, you're spot on about how JRob and how he structures the contracts. It's a really weird way of doing things. If I were a FA I wouldn't come here because of that, because I would likely never see the big money years at the end of the deal.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's not about what they are worth any more, it's about how much cap space a team has.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they sign for the bonus assuming they will never see bloated base at the end

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Dude's not a Titan anymore. Not worth arguing about.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Right. Like you’d leave money the table.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

But JRob is. Have to hold Titans accountable to improve.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Players do this all the time in an effort to win championships.

it’s hypothetical, but I think I’d be happy with say $16 mil and staying put or taking $25 mil (not known before hand) and relocating.

but that’s not really fair to say, I don’t have either option by a long shot.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I agree on that, but we'll never know the true story about AJ. His real mistakes have been on his draft picks recently. Not addressing the glaring need on OL this year stinks.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar