AJ Brown traded to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So that's what's making him elite? And if he's good/very good next year he's not elite then? Consistency makes them elite.

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

So how may “consistent” seasons makes a receiver elite?

3. Carp

Carp Starter

It's not that they trade them before they decline. They just trade them if they can't afford to keep them. Brandin Cooks is a good example. So is Chandler Jones.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it does when there is a big?? db that also returns kicks

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

5+

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Awe man. That means Henry isn’t elite yet. I coulda sworn he was elite!
    :biglaugh::biglaugh:

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

More than one

8. HurrayTitans!

You did say receiver, BUT I’ve said many times the word elite gets thrown around way too easy.
    Elite is generational talent, can be compared to all time greats and was among the very top multiple years.
    Now I think exceptions can be made if, among those top seasons, the player has also reached records or close too.

Henry would is much closer to elite than Kupp by virtue of reaching 2K and lead the league what would have been 3 years in a row if not for the injury putting him in very exclusive company.
    Kupp’s 1900 this season helped his case, but its just 1 season with 1 other solid season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You're right the word elite gets used on here way too much...maybe it's an indication of being mediocre for years, but Kupp, Tannehill and JRob are not elite.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

I don’t think it’s just here, the ESPN’s feed into that too.

I don’t really know how anyone could legitimately grade a GM without about 10-15 years of experience and only then, it’s has to be weighed on team success and all the individual players/moves.
    GM to me only breaks down 4 ways- good and really good, bad and really bad. Their tenure with a team typically mirrors that ranking.

I’d like to see more from Kupp if I were to call him anything more than a good WR.
    THill is never going to be elite, never was. I only want him to be the dreaded “game manager”.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar