ahmard hall just made the roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4TE's???

I like the theory of 1.5 FBs' with Ganther being the insurance RB.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

considering the inability of the staff to properly implement a FB into the offensive scheme, I see no reason to keep a dedicated FB

we'd be better off with a Hybrid (RB/FB - TE/H-back)

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it boils down to special teams play. Fleming has done well with that and they were using Hall as a wedge buster last week before the concussion and he was said to be doing well.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

True, so really, it's a crapshoot. But I guess we're predicting 3RBs, 4TEs, and 1 out of the following- Fleming, Hall, Ganther? I doubt we'll drop Ganther to the practice squad. I don't think three can make it, definitely not without dropping Guenther, but could two of those three make it and we still keep 4 TEs? Do those numbers work?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe it is because Kinney and Scaife have been injured but the Titans still look like they'll have packages which utilize a FB.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Never really heard the term bust for a late round pick. After his 1st year, he was looking like a steal. If he doesn't return to that form, then it'd be nice for Hall or Ganther to show something in preseason.

Shesh, I'm a Vol guy, I should just be saying "just give him the job because he's a Vol!" :deadhorse

7. smili

smili Starter

If we keep 4 RB I'm hoping Payton is in the mix. He was worn down by the end of the year after Europe and a season, but he had good quicks early last year.

In any event, it'll be good to see the preseason games to compare what's on the roster.

8. Yeah, I hope we keep Payton too, he was a big factor in winning the World Bowl in Europe, and 105 yards with 2 TD's is not bad.

But, its likely he may be on the practice squad, along with Ganther unless they don't prove something in pre-season.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think payton is eligable for the PS this year because he was active for a bunch of game last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar