ahmard hall just made the roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

That's premature. In fact, it MAY make Hall's task harder because the coaches won't get to see them compete (in other words, they may give Fleming more time to prove himself). I doubt that, but you never know. More pressing is the fact that we have 3 good RBs on the roster already, and we may not even keep a 4th. Also, Ganther is looking pretty good out there and will still give Hall competition.

All that said, I'd love to see Hall make the squad.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it might not mean hall made the roster, but i think it makes fleming's chances of making the roster slim to none. bo scaife was much more effective playing h-back/fullback last year than fleming was.

i also think this makes three seasons in a row fleming has had a reasonably serious injury.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Dang injuries. It'd be nice to see all these guys healthy for good competition.

Troy has had some injuries, but saying he's had 3 season in a row with a serious injury sounds a bit like a misrepresentation.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Fleming is a bust it looks like. Don't worry... we'll keep him.
    For some reason this team retains busts... :hmm:

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

and there's also a good chance that neither make the final roster with Scaife primarly playing the H-back role.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Ganther is going to get a lot of work at FB.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for having the juevos to say it BP! Fleming dropped several out of the backfield last year and has been poor to medium at best with his blocking. IMO, Fleming was another low cost "home-town" Big Orange bone thrown to the fans to keep them happy while our team went through the salary cap purge.

I don't know what kind of hands Hall has, we haven't really heard. I'm not convinced he'll make the squad. He's got a chance if Fish thinks he brings alot of intangibles like maturity, leadership and attitude to the locker room.

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

It's interesting about Troy. He still holds some type of National record for high school yardage by a running back.

Too bad about the knee, and I hope it's nothing chronic.

HIGH SCHOOL - A three-time first-team All-State and All-Region player who was twice named Division II Class A Mr. Football ... A two-way player at Battle Ground Academy as a running back and free safety ... Led team to three Division II Class A championships ... Finished as the No. 2 all-time national rushing leader with 9487 yards ... Set Tennessee high school rushing mark for a single season with 3008 yards and 37 touchdowns as a senior ... Teams compiled a three-year record of 34-6 ... Alco competed in basketball and track

10. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Can ya really call him a bust? Where was he drafted? 7th round?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar