Agent Hints Brown May Leave Camp if No Extension Talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Agent for Titans RB Chris Brown, Wynn Silberman, hinted yesterday that he may advise his client to leave training camp at some point if discussions don't begin towards an extension or trade. "We are trying to be diplomatic about this," Silberman said. "We are trying to act as professionally as we can and work with Floyd and the Titans, and either coming to a conclusion or an extension is a possibility or not. And if it isn't, we want him out of there. That is where we're at. Here is the thing: Chris has worked as hard as anybody on that team and would like to stay in Tennessee. The issue is are they going to let us talk extension or is it something we really need to sit and look at and see if we need to put more pressure on? At this point, we are kind of in a holding pattern, and Chris has kept his nose to the grindstone."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hope Chris doesn't listen to closely to this clown. I still don't see many teams wanting him that badly. Is this the new Rosenjerk?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who would ever take the advice of a guy named Wynn?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's how the game is played these days.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Its funny how they try to justify it and seem innocent.

"We're trying to be diplomatic" - yes yes, very diplomatic to walk out instead of actually playing and proving he is worth an extension.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Camp is almost over anyway.
    If he doesn't play, are there any penalties for not honoring his contract?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

trade this goober. He will just get hurt anyways. Let's get a great LG or something... this is so stupid... I feel as if I could boo Chrissy the Sissy.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pissy Chrissy.

Brown and his agent are having a tough time accepting the way it is. He's going to have to produce before he is allowed to get a big payday or job security. From the looks of White's gut in the photo and his injuries- I don't know what Brown is afraid of. He must be scared of splitting carries with Henry.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If he produces, I'd bet he'd get a new contract before the season is over. It's silly of them to expect the FO to put him first on the list. Other teams aren't even calling, why should we have to shop him?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[SARCASTIC]What an amazing concept!!![/SARCASTIC]

Production = $$$. Always has. Always will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar