After The Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well that was fun! We had our ups, we had our downs, but now it is time to move on. Going forward, lets take a look at the roster and se where we might still need some work.

QB

This position looks pretty set for camp. The staff seem to have a fair amount of confidence in Woodside, and Cole “Sunshine” McDonald looks like a long term developmental prospect with good body size. Whether the McDonald pick was just meant to keep the Titans new Hawaii fans in the fold remains to be seen.

RB

Stud RB1, Check. Explosive change of pace back, Check. LOVE the Evans pick. Whether we bring back Fluellen or go another route for RB3, we look set with two home run threats in the backfield now. Did I mention I loved this pick?

WR

A record 37 WR were drafted in this week’s draft. We took zero. This is the biggest head scratcher of the draft. Tajae was in on over 450 snaps last year and has yet to be replaced or better yet, upgraded. Our offense has to be able to keep up with the Chiefs and the Texans which are loaded at WR. As much as I love Raymond, we NEED a WR4 that can also line up outside in case of injury to Davis or Brown. This has to be a priority now in Free Agency. I’m assuming there is a plan. Taylor Gabriel? Trade for Alshon? There will be a lot of vet guys cut after this huge infusion of young, cheap WR talent.

OL

Looking pretty solid now with the addition of Panda and an UDFA center. Could definitely use another quality guard so we can dump Douglas. The new guys should make for a good camp battle though.

DL

I like the Murchison pick. Whether he can come in and immediately start at RDE remains to be seen but I love his motor and potential as a situational pass rusher. This is a spot I could see us adding help. Perhaps Clowney?

EDGE

Landry, Beasley, Gilbert and Correa might be the best EDGE group we’ve had in years. Nobody was added to the mix here, It wasn’t a “need” for the first time in a while, but again, I could see Clowney coming in to fill multiple rolls on this defense.

CB

Fulton was a remarkable pick up in the 2nd round. But he’s the only CB we brought in to essentially replace Ryan AND Sims. We need to add another starter quality DB. Tye Smith is a great CB5 but isn’t that guy. I could see us bringing Brock back for a decent price or someone comparable. Really feel we should have spent two picks on CB, but again, there must be a plan.

Safety & LB

Both of these positions are deep and set IMO.

What do you think the Titans needs are going forward? How could we best fill them?

#1 Dangermode, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Hump being hurt gave Sharpe a lot of snaps. With Raymond showing some potential as well, I wouldn’t stress so much about Sharpe.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nice write up bro. I agree. I would have really liked to have added a WR for competition, but other than that, I felt we did an awesome job in this draft. Remember, we didn’t give up anything and you have to add Ryan Tannehill in the 4th. Wilson is gonna wreak havoc on that right side with Henry behind him...Kid is good. Fulton was a home run at #61. Evans was a huge need and again great value. I don’t know the rest that well, but the DT looks like he moves well. Can’t argue at all with this draft value. I think it’s really important we snag Clowney, maybe a vet receiver/rb3, and one more corner and we are golden!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would have liked the K position addressed more directly, as well as backup QB. I understand they didn’t want to spend a moderately high pick on either considering we were lacking a few, but that kicker position could be rough.

I wish we could have addressed the DL a bit sooner, they just valued that RT position a bit more than me and it’s hard to criticize that, especially since it directly relates to what we do as a team. Fulton was a must grab there, this could be Butlers last serviceable year and you have to get some experience there before it’s too late.

I really think they did a good job drafting for the future with this draft, which is what you have to do. They did a good job replacing who we lost and hopefully our young guys continue to improve from last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Fire

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dangermode

Disagree entirely. Tajae was in at least 15 snaps a game throughout the entire season. Even when Hump was healthy. Often he was in 25-35 snaps a game with a healthy Hump. We need another outside receiver.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I don’t think finding his replacement is going to be very hard. There will be several FA who can handle and match or exceed his production.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

There will be camp cuts as well...the Cole McDonald pick was a head scratcher, they must really have faith in Woodside if something happens to Tannehill

I think we are fine at WR, Sharpe won't be missed as many think

Minny went out and got WRs after signing him so I don't think they view him as anything more than a 4th WR

9. Dangermode

Just for clarification:

Under the new CBA, the date after which FA can be signed without affecting the compensatory picks has moved way up to the Monday following the NFL draft, which this year is April 27 (technically, 4pm ET).

That means that if Clowney or others sign after that time then the Titans would not be at risk of potentially losing the 3rd round comp pick for Conklin.

I would therefore expect that if we're going to hear anything about Clowney or other FA signings, it will be in a couple days. Fingers crossed.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

With the expanded roster from the new CBA, I am guessing a lot of teams will go back to the 3 QB model that all teams used to have.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar