After the 1st Preseason Game...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10winsn2010

10winsn2010 Camp Fodder

The offense should be even better this year as long as the Dinger doesn't let it get predictable. The screen plays looked better with the 1st team...major improvement expected there. Except for the INT the receivers seem to be running better routes. If the first drive is any indicator the offense will make it look easy at times keeping the opposing defense off balance. After all, that is the promise of a VY lead team that has sufficient weapons. It won't be a Peyton Manning offense where you know what's coming and can't stop it anyway. Dinger should study the New Orleans offense and spread the ball around!!!! CJ 2.5K or even 2K ...I don't know if that is such a good thing. It would be sad if that's all we got. In other words I want to see the receiving corp take off. It could happen.

The return game has to be better.....it can't be any worse, right?

The defense looks better, but like others I worry about the linebackers. Can they cover against the pass? Can they shed blockers? With the youth movement, can we see a little more quickness from the D? The DB play should be better with the young guys pushing the starters.

Depth worries me the most, so barring injuries we should see 10 wins even with a difficult schedule. I expect the Jags and the Texans to keep struggling....at least against the Titans. Maybe the team can overtake Indy and win the division. I see the Titans winning at home against Indy. They get the Steelers early, so that could be the key. The thing is....out of the first 8 games, 6 of those teams have big question marks. Based on last years records the schedule looks tough...but the Raiders, Steelers, Giants, Broncos, Jags, and Eagles all seem beatable. The Cowboys and Chargers are the biggest problems. And those 2 teams will be a measuring stick to see how far this team has come. It will be a tragedy if the titans are not 6-2 or 5-3 at the bye week. However there is room to improve with 3 straight home games against the division in Dec.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was in NC when this game was playing. They have Chattanooga's stations there where I was and the lineup said THIS preseason game was playing.

Aaaaaaand it wasn't.

I'm surprised. I thought for sure the Tennessee affiliate would play that, rather than the usual crap they play on a Saturday night. Go figure.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You'd be excited about how our starters played. The offense marched down the field 1st drive with CJ (he demands so much attention the play action/screen/passing game is going to open up a lot). CJ looked liked CJ. The recievers caught passes and got open. Vince made some nice throws.

The defense...well they looked like the old Titans defense more than the 2009 Titans defense. They looked like they would've hurt Hasselback if it was a regular season game. Remember when opposing QB's hated playing against our dline? I think that caliber of dline is back. DB's played solid (besides Mouton) and our LB's looked good.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I actually kinda miss the VY Homers VS Haters Threads. It's been part of my life for about 3 years now. Lets bring it bac lmao

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ the Vince hate. It will NEVER die. Literally! No matter what, it will be there.

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Vince younts INT seems to be worrying folks unecessarily. In a real game, Vy doesnt make that pass, he runs it. (i cant seem to get a nice replay of the int) but the highlights i saw seemed to show the Wr was blocking for him, and if he run he would have gained more than the yardage he needed for the first down.

It was still a poor poor decision that he should be passed by now.

The return game in my opinion should improve tremendously. That is, we no longer have to hold our collective breath at every kick off or punt. Me personally, i like that kid Mariani.
    I like him better than williams even though he might be slower. But he has great hands and is the picture of cool under pressure. Dont get me wrong, we probably have any punt returns for tds this year if he wins the job. But his decision making should be better than the incredibly stupid crap we had to put up with last with returners who didnt know when to catch the ball or let the ball go.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUnnCc4f7Vw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUnnCc4f7Vw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I am not of the opinion that as a titan this kid will be a good WR..Wrong team buddy. he probably would be better off on the colts, bengals, patriots or any other team that employs 4 wide reciever sets regularly. Titans run the ball too much to exploit a ridiculously good route runner like Mariani. Not to mention that our coach is way too stupid to figure out ways to utilize a talent like this guy. Vy should be campaigning for this guy to get on the field because he will present dbs trying to spy for cj and vy with incredible problems. He is incredibly shifty and seems to have the uncanny ability to shade Dbs who are faster than him, giving the Qb a huge window within which to get him the ball.
    And of the titans recievers right now, i would say he undoubtedly has the best hands. Vince young can feel free to throw the ball at his ankles and this guy will dig it up on a regular basis.

Much as i would like him to suceed, i think the poor kid is wasted on the titans.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Any one taking bets on how long it will take our el doofus supreme coach to figure out that Verner should be on the field instead of mouton?

Ps...I think our safeties still suck mightily. some of those big plays given up by mouton were due to bad safety play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

What big plays from Mouton? There was only one, right? The Williams play? And Nickey was the safety. While our starters were on the field, Seattle had like 39 yards in three series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar