After sulking about his helmet, Antonio Brown threatens his GM with violence

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Aug 19, 2019.

?
  1. I would have got a new helmet and not missed a day of camp

46.3%
  2. Sulk for a day then go back to make the $$$$$$$

2.4%
  3. Sulk a few more days then go back before it costs money

9.8%
  4. Sue the NFL over hurt feelings

7.3%
  5. Become a martyr and refuse to play in the NFL until the rule is changed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Have sex with Goodell's wife to get even

34.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Makes me laugh about Gruden. All those 1st round picks and trades turning out to potential nothing. Have up the best pass rusher in Mack...smh

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I know plenty of grown men that are idiots or dumb a$$es. Still an adult and the situation shouldn’t have zero input from the league only Oakland. This is a team/franchise issue not a league issue.

The only way I agree he should be out of the league is if Oakland cuts him and zero teams sign him. The only set back with that, is if he’s “blackballed” or so I’ve been told.

3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Haha this is ridiculous

Pittsburgh must be laughing.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

That is what is fixing to happen Black balled book it!

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He's already made his contract voidable... If they had any balls they'd cut him and forget the whole thing ever happened.

I doubt it happens though.

6. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Sat following the A.B saga like...

2B24BAB7-43E8-4FDB-A937-20835CC1B54F.gif

Raiders team captains have gone to Gruden saying they back him / Mayock with ‘whatever they decide to do.’

Pretty damning, hope he gets suspended and voids everything. Rosenhaus sounds like he’s worried about his 3% too lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Mayock is the rookie making the mistakes here. While AB is an assful, the Raiders knew exactly what they were getting. So why rinse and repeat. Mayock is learning the hard way that choosing culture in this situation is a losing proposition. You have to use some emotional intelligence and treat players differently. As sad as it is, the best thing for the Raiders to do is rescind the fine on account they acknowledge he missed events due to the helmet issues, listen to AB, apologize to AB, and hope he can let it go and play football. If you suspend him, he's never coming back, and that's a lose all the way around. It will set them back a few years. Yes, they void the contract, but what do they get out of that. A little culture, but losses. Shoot the equity, not the hostage. Remove the headache by not making it a headache anymore. Suspending him won't work as I doubt he will become a model citizen at this point. His teammates won't be affected at all. The culture will be fine if they let him go Rodman. Plenty of Superbowl teams have done this before and it works. You just have to ask if the juice is worth the squeeze.

The two most difficult issues in the work space are personnel and money. The work is easy. So what do you do, remove personnel issues and money from the equation. Don't let it be the problem. Pay the players ( You own a billion dollar entity, operational cost is not a concern ), and treat players differently. It can be simple.

#57 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You think his agent needs the money?

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Not only would they not have to pay his $30mil, but they could recoup the $1mil signing bonus potentially.

Basically AB would leave Oakland with negative $40,000. Lol ... not the "payday" he had in mind

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're punishing the entire team by suspending AB. I doubt hed ever play for them after such a move either, so you're really screwing yourselves trying to flex some muscle with AB..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar