After re-watching the first half...Titans/Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Our ancestors screwed their cousins so we don't have to..
    It's common knowledge that Poe never had sex with her anyway. They were a bundling board couple. Poe was an unfortunate genius and she was his muse. Ironically Poe wasn't even from Baltimore, he just died there.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think what he means is that if you keep Al you have to let several other needed folks move on. Do we even look at Holt if we overpay Al?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, yea. That would be the reason. What else would I possibly be talking about?! ;) Albert played like a hall-of-famer in '07 and '08. Too bad that will never happen again. We would have to lose several big name players as well... and we wouldn't have signed Nate Washington. That's for damn sure.

Albert will continue to be a really good player (unless he ends up in jail like he should), but he will never be worth 100 million. His determination and willpower vanished when he signed a 7-year $100mil contract.

4. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Did you see what happened to Big Ben week 17? Concussion. Fisher made the smart move in resting the starters. It was only 2 weeks off for the starters, and you have to remember that we already had injuries to AH and KVB who were able to make it back for the playoffs, but you certaintly didn't want to risk anyone being knocked out before then.

5. smili

smili Starter

When I think of Harris the bad snaps are what come to mind. What bothers me is that I remember the same thing from the preseason games. He's still having the same issues with the snap.

Question Gut: Do you think we should've been playing Loper at G instead of Amano? My thought there is that Loper could move to OT if Roos or Stewart get hurt. I think losing Loper potentially hurts quite a bit in the event of an injury on the line given we have not much else at the OT and Loper seemed capable. TIA

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was trying to check something on nfl.com and somehow I stumbled upon this...http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

I almost cried :(

Look how good we did!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! It angers me to remember how good (aside from turnovers/penalties). God, I remember we did well, but man this sickens me. I know it was only one game, but still. Dammit.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hey...

Start a different thread for this stuff please....

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

In fairness, it's unclear whether Collins or Harris was at fault for the one where Collins wasn't ready for it. The one near Collins thigh was not a great snap, but not terrible either. I think Collins was just used to where and how hard Mawae snapped it. I wouldn't be too concerned with this....especially if he has - say - a training camp to work on it with his starting QB.

That is an excellent question! It'd be surprising if Amano was a better pass blocker than Loper considering Loper is an OT. Since I wasn't thrilled with Amano's inconsistent run blocking, the only question is would Loper do better? I think he'd have done as well or better. The only challenge is whether Loper is adept at blocking on the move...engage and double, turn the DT, then find the LB and take him out. As an OT, he'd have less experience with this and I don't know how well he drive blocks...but I'd guess he can sustain as well or better and probably blocks more consistently on the move. With CJ, you don't need to hold the block for a long time, just 2 seconds after he gets the ball.

I wouldn't have all of a sudden started Loper over Amano in that game, but I think Loper could have equaled or surpassed Amano. But I haven't broken down game tape of Loper to tell you for sure...

I somewhat wonder if the Titans decided to play Amano to see if he could improve with a year's worth of starts since they might have known they were gonna let Loper walk.

Gut

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes:(

I did the same thing and went....WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How the HECK did we lose???

Oh yeah...3 turnovers and a gazillion penalties and some bad calls! UGH!!!

Gut

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We can't appreciate enough the impact of going from mawae the most experienced center in the league to harris a guy with hardly any game experience. And against the ravens defense of all teams.

Even if we beat the ravens how to we beat the steelers without mawae and CJ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar