Pre-Game Thread AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I mean I think we all feel that way in the back of our minds; I'm starting to lean towards sneaking out a win vs Baltimore but then lose the next round - which would be an accomplishment considering how awful this defense is. Think we can pull out one though with how good the offense is clicking and just a little extra luck needed on the defensive side - sure why not.

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I still have this saved on the DVR and watch it from time to time :popcorn:

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

That's exactly my point... People have said that it's hard to beat the same team 3 times and have brought up how it hasn't happened very often. It hasn't happened often because of the 12.5% I referenced (along with the fact that teams don't play each other 3 times often). My exact point was that I believe that the outcome of the 3rd game is independent of the previous 2.

However, I don't actually think it's completely independent. It's just dependent on factors that are impossible to consistently quantifiably capture. Like after you beat a team once, I believe there are certain scenarios where the other team is more likely to win the 2nd game (revenge, coaches that make better adjustments based on previous matchup, etc.). This is probably true for the 3rd game as well. In general, I still think these factors are probably overblown.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

All of this BS about how hard it is to beat the same team 3 times in a row ... Most of you just happen to forget that the colts (Andrew Luck) had beaten us more then 3 times in a row. Heck he never lost a game against us.
    I'm looking forward to this game that doesn't mean that we'll win or lose. It's the F**KING playoffs , you guys make all the excuses you want ...

Homer out !!!!!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Pants.

They're called pants.

6. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

F**K !!!!!

Screenshot_20210106-121534.png

7. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

If we're being honest, I'm just glad we won the division. The season was a success, and any wins beyond the regular season are icing on the cake.

AFC South Champions 2020

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Britches.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Or trousers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar