AFC South Rankings: DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 11, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: Mathis, Freeney

31.4%
  2. Jaguars: Spicer, Hayward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Texans: Weaver, M. Williams

5.9%
  4. Titans: Kearse, KVB

62.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Other Freeney being named after an Office character, he has 20 sacks over the past 3 years as opposed to KVB's 31. KVB is also way better against the run and he makes everyone else on the line better (as opposed to Freeney who runs past the play a lot of the time).

2. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

look at the 2006 playoffs and see what happens when the colts des crash down to play the run. they just dont do it. freeneys job is to get to the qb and make a tackle on the way if possible. there was a great article a few years back talking about how different the colts des play compared to the rest of the league.

that said i am not blind and know that freeney is maybe slightly above average against the run. but put in a different defense i think you would see his so called liability against the run tag is a bit misinformed

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

So freeney's sole job is to go after the qb and kvb's still had more sacks. We can agree kvb is better against the run. And we can also agree that kvb has been getting more sacks while actually being asked to play defense against the run and pass.

4. vslyke

^Indeed.

Also, let's not forget the fact that since the Colts have been much better over a 3 year period. Therefore, the other offenses have to throw more against the Colts. And KVB still has more sacks. I rest my case.

5. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

rest it all you want but i bet most gms would disagree with you

6. I think Kearse will have a good year so I picked the Titans. But frankly, I think if you take into account the Jaguars adding Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves (neither of whom were listed in the poll) with their top 2 draft picks, I think they have a serious argument for being the top DE combo.

7. vslyke

So, you counter hard facts and stats with speculation? Pathetic. :rolleyes: Just admit you were wrong already.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really agree with that. But I think to be fair, it should be given a year, to see how they perform.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Watch Williams Hayes replace Kearse and become a great DE.:lol:

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

with Kearse's inconsistancy, It looks likely in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar