AFC South Rankings: Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mdfan, Jul 1, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: Dungy

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Jags: Del Rio

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Titans: Fisher

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. Texans: Kubiak

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

ditto:cool:

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the texan way of life, "there's always next year."

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But seriously, who did you pay? I was asking a legit question because I don't recall any major contracts to any Texan players (aside from draft picks)

4. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Notice I said THIS year. But yes, there is always NEXT YEAR for every NFL fan of the other 31 teams who dont win it all. Including the Titans who have won as many Super Bowls as the Texans. Thats what its really all about right?

5. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Here are just some examples of players signed who left and were recently "dead money" on our cap (2007) and complicated things for the new coaches in the first couple of years here. I think at some point last year 28% of our ENTIRE CAP was dead money. Signing Bonuses and too much guarantees from the previous regime.

Gary Walker $5,500,001 Retired after 2005 season
    Todd Wade $5,000,000 complete bust and ruined us at RT till Winston arrived
    Robaire Smith $4,175,002 Played for Tennessee in 2006
    Zach Weigert $2,950,000 left for free agency... not good.
    Domanick Williams $1,300,000 new contract then never played.
    Kailee Wong $1,167,000 Retired after 2006 season (injuries never fully recovered from)
    David Carr $4,000,000 Joined Carolina in 2007 (have to throw him in there... they gave him waaaaay too much time and he is a lot of money considering top overall draft pick)

Kind of hampers you from signing any big free agents doesnt it??? This doesnt even include all the crappy draft picks or trades for players like Phillip Buchanon,etc that cost us to cut when Kubiak was forced to OVERHAUL the entire roster upon arrival. Our improvements have been done pretty much through all draft moves in the past couple of years. And under the radar free agent signings to significantly improve our depth overall. Cant wait till we actually have some money to spend to compliment.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I got Robaire's autograph when I went over there in 2006.

What happened to Dom Williams? I liked him, was his injury/surgery really that bad?

7. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Yeah, we signed DW to a big contract after 2005 (despite him missing 5 games late in that season)....then right before the next season even began his knee crumbled and he never recovered. He just kind of faded away while is contract remained....

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We went through Yancey and Carl, we know all about contracts remaining while they fade away.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dungy gets the nod for more than just one ring. In every year except one as head coach he took a team to the playoffs. Those 16 games are more important than the playoff games because you have to get there first.

Dungy has 10 winning seasons out of 12 and ond only one losing season.

FYI for those who want to say he just is benefiting from manning. 60% winning % with the bucs.

The real debate here is between fisher and del rio. Del rio in 5 seasons has 3 winning seasons and just one losing season.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't trade Fisher for Del Rio,
    but then again if we had Del Rio, I wouldn't trade him for Fisher.

I'd trade them all for Dungy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar