Pre-Game Thread AFC Divisional Round: Bengals @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 17, 2022.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2022.
  1. Titans by 1-3

7.1%
  2. Titans by 4-6

16.1%
  3. Titans by 7-9

28.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

19.6%
  5. Titans by 14+

19.6%
  6. Bengals by 1-3

3.6%
  7. Bengals by 4-6

1.8%
  8. Bengals by 7-9

3.6%
  9. Bengals by 10-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Bengals by 14+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We should be able to get pressure with only 4 since almost everyone is healthy up front. Even Peko has been effective.

Cunningham's job should be to stop the run and past that he shouldn't be in the game. He is one of our worst cover LBs. Luckily we are pretty healthy there and Long and Brown look good to go. They need to get on the TEs or RBs out of the back field.

Most vulnerable might be the slot where Molden is banged up and has shown he has trouble with the fast/quick WRs. It will be critical to get pressure and force the QB off his rhythm. Scares me how well we did early in the Houston game and how things fell apart in the 2nd half.

On offense we are actually healthy on the OL and Henry is coming back with AJ, Julio and now Firkser is more involved. With a balanced attack we should be hard to stop and their DL is going to have some issues.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed. I don't want to see that crap where we act like the RB doesn't exists and there is no one around him for 20 yards out in the flat.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Running overwhelming on first down has been a staple of the Titans since Vrabel took over. While I wish they were a little more balanced on first down, it's not something I ever see changing.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Aqutis30

I would love to be surprised by like PA pass to Henry doing down the sideline or anything remotely unpredicted. In general, I would like to see Henry get more passing targets. Dude is a weapon once the ball is in his hands.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Really, he started a few games where Blasingame was a healthy scratch. I think for another couple games we dressed both. Either way, doesn't matter. Khari is the better FB. Maybe not as physical, but he gets to the right defender quicker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Epic shootout, no King, insane finish.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Watched the end. 1:57:17 is hilarious.

Also, why is nobody at 1:56:57 acting like we just didn't score a TD to win the game lol.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Wow. Madden still looks as clunky and robotic as I remember it from the early 2000s. And why does Vrabs look like he's wearing shoulder pads? Lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I'm definitely nervous about this game. Anyone who says they aren't, aren't practical Titans fans.

I love that Vrabel and Downing forced the game plan against the Texans around Tannehill and Jones, especially throwing deep. I was hoping they would. Even though they had some misses, the idea was for them to build chemistry and work on timing. They were close. That said, the offense still spurred in the second half. We'll need more of the first half performance to win a Super Bowl. I'm not so sure Henry will be as utilized or as dominant as some people think. Our D is solid, but we still can't afford too many 3-and-outs against this team.

Unrelated: even though NFL awards are supposedly only based on the "regular season", I think this game has Coach of The Year implications. If one team is dominated by the other, it will surly take out that coach from consideration, and vice versa.

Fingers crossed. Let's go Titans!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Aqutis30

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar