Pre-Game Thread AFC Divisional Playoffs: Titans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by millakilla8, Jan 7, 2018.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2018.
  1. Titans by 1-3

23.9%
  2. Titans by 4-6

12.8%
  3. Titans by 7-9

8.3%
  4. Titans by 10-13

1.8%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

11.0%
  6. Patriots by 1-3

0.9%
  7. Patriots by 4-6

3.7%
  8. Patriots by 7-9

11.0%
  9. Patriots by 10-13

10.1%
  10. Patriots by 14 or more

16.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

For us to win, Mariota will have to throw for 300 plus yards this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

I just don't see how 2/3 of this board can honestly believe we'll win lmao. I would give it a 10% chance. Bill/McDaniels will coach circles around Mularkey/Robiskie

3. GD811

GD811 Starter

Last year two teams with byes lost. It happens almost every year. These are two playoff teams. The pats defense is not strong. This is a winnable game for the titans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I don’t think Logan Ryan playing for them last season makes a difference.

Last time Logan Ryan played against an ex-teammate and was talking about how he know his strengths/weaknesses, that was Jimmy Garrapolo lol.

And we all know how well that went.

5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Patriots secondary >>>> titans secondary

6. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

Our season reminds me of another team, but years ago, in the 1995 Season.

The Colts we're 9-7, barely made the playoffs, and no one gave them a shot, especially with an injured Marshall Faulk.

First round was in San Diego, they were 7 point underdogs, Experts gave the Colts no chance to win.

Colts won 35-20

Next round, they were 8 point underdogs@ Arrowhead vs the Chiefs.
    It was freezing cold, a frozen tundra

Colts won 10-7

Next week, the Colts went to Pittsburgh. Again, huge 8-9 point underdogs. Still no one gave them a chance.

Came down to the last play of the game, Harbaugh throws a Hail Mary from the 34 yard line, it goes in between 3 Steelers, rolls up the Colts receivers leg, up to his chest,. The crowd was stunned. But the receiver, just couldn't hold on to that pass, and the Colts lost 20-16.

(The only reason I know this is that I was taking the points every week, and made a killing)

But everyone believed that they didn't belong, and just missed getting to the big dance.

Same with us.. No one said we could win @Arrowhead, that we are the worst team ever in the playoffs. We don't belong here.

Step 1 down. Bye Bye KC

New England better not take us lightly.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I hope they do, but know they won’t. They are too disciplined and experienced for that.

We better have some wrinkles ready and be ready for a toe to toe dogfight. If we take a half off like we usually do, we will get run out of the stadium.

You need 60 minutes of good football to beat this team in the playoffs in their house. We have not seen that yet this season from the titans. This week would be a damn good time for the first time.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I saw that replay on Saturday, the colts Hail Mary. I'm not even sure how it squeaked through to the ground. That's BS steelers magic.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Beating New England is like lifting an enigine block, it won't be easy but it isn't complicated either:
    1) Hit Tom Brady. The Pats offense cannot be stopped but time and time again they've shown that if you hit Brady you have a chance. Orakpo, Morgan, and Casey need to step up big in this one because Brady is great at beating the blitz and our 4 man pass rush will have to do a lot of the heavy lifting. LeBeaus will have to time his blitzes right our Brady will just pick us apart all day.

2. Down miss tackles... I'm looking at you Cyphrien...

3. Spread the field and run the ball. Hopefully Mularky and Robiskie are smart enough to take note of how well Henry was running the ball in those spread formations against KC. We can't waste a quarter going 3 and out every drive we need to chain first downs together and keep Brady on the sidelines.

4. Don't #### Up. We can't have those stupid turnovers and penalties that we always seem to get whenever we get some momentum going. We can't have Jackson drop punts he should've just fair caught and Marcus throw his wtf-ception of the game. We can't have Lewan or Jones do something stupid in the red zone. This game needs to bring put the best in everyone.

Ultimately I don't think we are up to beating the Pats at home but thats what they said about the Giants in 2008. Every year a team goes in to the divisional round and shocks the world. Why not Tennessee?

• High Five High Five x 6
  10. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

Interesting week here in New England. A few hundred Pats fans wanting to place bets. I only took one because they gave me 20 points.

But, everyone I know that is not a Pats fan wants the Titans to win. May be more fans rooting for the Titans this week than any other week ever. We can use the mojo.

If you wanna be the best ya gotta beat the best and this is the kind of challenge where legends are made. Marcus against the greatest ever. Will it be a the upset of the year and the death or a dynasty, or just a foot note in Patriots lore?

It'll be a fun game day thread....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar