Afalava

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

It was nice to see a safety come down and make a hit. Haven't had that feeling in quite some time...

Yeah Griffin, I'm calling you out.

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Couple nice hits, but I saw at least one he drilled Spiller and didn't finish the tackle. Spiller bounced back and got a few more yards.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

9/10 when a player makes that kind of hit, they go to the ground. Spiller just had great balance and could recover.

If our D had half that type of aggression we probably are 4-2. Its really hard to knock a guy who cracks the stickers on his helmet.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That was awesome.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I hope he gets more playing time.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haha i knew somebody did.

stalker.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I just read from Titans Insider that Gray took Babs out because of some missed tackles early on.... In that regard, shouldn't Wiffin be cut by now.

I know they just paid the kid, but I wouldn't mind seeing him come off the field sometimes. Maybe might light a fire under his a**, give me some Babs and Al sets, lets see if that helps us out a bit...

I know I'm saying this after a somewhat good game for Griff, but really it wasn't. A 35M player needs to stand out the whole game, not on just 2 plays (both on Spiller i think, 1 he laid the wood head on when the RB was trying to freeze the D, the other was a great open field tackle on CJ that if he didn't make woulda EASILY been a TD.)

Thing is he set the bar so damn low that when he actually does something we are impressed... We should be expecting or rather DEMANDING plays like that from him all day.

I want an F'in Ed or Troy out there at S - did u see that Stat of the Stoolers with and without Troy, SOME CRAZY STUFF, it was like 26-7 with and then 7-8 without.... Forget the personal stats he piles up (tackles, ints, sacks, etc...), THATS THE REASON THE DUDE NEEDS TO BE IN THE HOF PERIOD

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Spiller was quiet the rest of the game. Keep up!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just liked the guy because he set a tone in the run game with his hit. There's always one big hit that can change momentum and I feel like that was the hit that did it. Speaking from a runningback's perspective, even if the hit didn't take him down, it'll make him keep his eyes peeled whenever he breaks through to the second level. I believe Spiller was slightly injured on one play and like another poster said, on the 2nd it knocked him back far enough that the runner went down for a loss.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea big hits can change a game, and his did, glad he's getting PT.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar