Advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree with pretty much all advice that's been given so far, so I don't have anything to really add.

I'm definitely starting to get overwhelmed by the amount of my leagues and I'm missing waiver opportunities in some of them.

Here's mine for the week:

League 1:
    W/R - Michael Bush, Ben Tate, Andre Brown... I think I've gotta roll with Bush. Agree?

League 2:
    RB - Green-Ellis or Jackie Battle... I think I need to roll with Battle since he's going up against the awful Saints D.

League 3:
    RB - Green-Ellis or Sproles... You guys seem to always pick Law Firm in this case. Sproles has 42.9 points and Law Firm has 41.2 points, so I'm not sure it's a big deal either way. Since I generally think they'll end up with similar points (with Sproles having the greater upside), I tend to go with Sproles.

WR - I was able to pick up Hartline, but my three starting WRs are Marshall, Decker, and Antonio Brown. I seriously doubt benching them would be wise... I thought about maybe sitting Decker, but it looks like he's finally putting up good numbers.

League 4:
    QB - Alex Smith or Ponder... I'd have to pick up Ponder, and I'm 12th on the waiver wire (as I always am in all my leagues), so I doubt it's an option anyways. I think I should just roll with Smith since he plays a Buffalo team that made Sanchez look like Montana.

League 5:
    WR - Pick 3: Amendola, Garcon, D. Jackson, A. Brown... I'm leaning towards Amendola, Garcon, Brown since Jackson is too unreliable.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with all of your picks......don't start Hartline just yet. Make sure its not a fluke.....and then try and trade him.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ok, very important question....

I am facing a 4-0 guy, leader in my division and I am 3-1. So not only would only put me in first place overall, but it would probably lock me in for the playoffs.

I have BGE and Battle in at RB and my only other option is S. Jackson. Who has been unreliable.....I think that is the correct choice. Oh, I also have Andre Brown......

But my biggest head scratcher is Colston or Wayne.....for whatever reason I keep forgetting about Wayne. Leaning with Wayne......good choice?

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

RG3 vs Falcons or Scammy Newton vs Seahawks...

5. RavensShallBurn

You've got to learn to start RG3 over Cam every week. Shouldn't even be up for debate... until something changes between the two QBs.

RG3 is still the #1 fantasy scorer.

6. RavensShallBurn

I think I'd do the same thing. Jackson hasn't been a good fantasy player for a long time now.

I'd go with Colston simply because of Brees, but that's me.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i cant help it... as a titans fan.. i think i've adopted the titans way of starting players that shouldn't be starting...
    jk... i've been starting RG3... just that falcons defense is a tough read..
    but all seriousness though.. i have developed a little titans coaching mentality with some of my teams... i just refuse to bench certain players..

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd go Wayne. Simply because Brees is more apt to spread the ball around. Plus Colston hasn't really done much this season aside from that big game last week.

No doubt Colston has the better QB. But for fantasy purposes, Wayne is the safer pick IMO.

9. RavensShallBurn

If you're basing your decision solely off defensive matchups, I'd say Seattle has a better defense than Atlanta... IMO.

Seattle hasn't given up anything to QBs this year... look at what they did to Rodgers.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think there's a debate to be had but I do fall on your side. Unless Griffin's matchup is just brutal I'm rolling with him. But we're talking Falcons and Seahawks. Two pretty tough defenses.

RG3 vs. Cam is a very good problem to have though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar