Adrian Peterson thinks getting $10 mill a year is akin to ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MrBean, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep.

Underwater demolition experts get paid too.

2. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

I hate when athletes say things like this, but what I hate more is people who whine because athletes make serious money.

It's not their fault the next fat-*** wasn't athletic enough or didn't train from the age of 7 years old to run a 4.4. That's life.

I'm thin as a toothpick, really slow and have a vertical leap of about half an inch...and I'm black, so that makes it all the worse....but you don't see me whining because players make 10 zillion dollars a year.

Owners make 70 zillion a year...and they want more...and they'll cut a player the second his 4.4 is a 4.9. So I say let the players get their money.

You have 1 zillionth the media training of a Jeff Fisher, but as far as getting what you can get while you've got it, more power to you, Adrian Peterson!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. LTF

LTF Starter

Okay, my take on this is that in a free market system you have the right to get what you can for the services rendered. So the fact that he makes millions doesn't affect my perception of his statements. The owners took the leap of faith and started the business and have the right to make what they can for their efforts and ideas. If the players think they can make more elsewhere then by all means walk after you have done the work that you signed a contract for.
    But I challenge any of these athletes to put in the hours I do that are all over the clock. Do the kind of disgusting work that I have to do. Deal with the stress of not knowing how you are going to feed your family if some kind of financial crisis happens. Have to demean yourself while representing a company and dealing with the public because "the customer is always right".And then go back to the life that they have and call it slavery.

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Being an athlete isn't all glamor and money. They've probably worked harder than any of us to get to where they are. I appreciate that and appreciate the fact that they want to make as much money as they possibly can in their short career.

Comparing any part of their employment situation to slavery is laughable. If he doesn't like his employer or his current situation, he can walk away. Nobody is forcing him to do anything or limiting his options, he has the exact same freedoms as any citizen of the US.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm willing to bet we've all said something equally stupid if you look at it from all angles.

Many of you probably have said you're poor, starving, etc while being in a much better position than 97% of the world's population.

Saying how much AP makes compared to you means nothing when you yourself are in the top 5% of the earth's richest.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I rule!

7. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Stupid original statement then the guy waited to post so he could explain further and instead of retracting he expounded on his original statement. My initial thought is that Adrian needed to go home and take a nap. He is using up all the oxygen from the intelligent people. As long as he doesn't continue to try to defend it, then we can all chalk it up to a stupid thought in a bad day.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

We shouldn't be crucifying AP. What he said was out of line but 10 million a year is peanuts compared to what guys like Senile K.S. Bud Adams sit around and make for doing barely anything.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't know that slaves were able to negotiate a contract for themselves. And they don't get paid either.

Maybe he wasn't paying attention enough in some of those classes at Oklahoma.

What he said was disrespectful to those who really had to suffer through slave labor, who had their families torn apart and were abused.

I remember that word being used in relation to a certain basketball player who makes more than AP does.

Find another word..

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

When did Nate Dogg die???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar