Adios Kiffy Boy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jdog, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Clay Travis just retweeted something from a USC beat writer saying James Franklin is #1 on USC's list.

EDIT: Here it is...

Clay Travis@ClayTravisBGID 7m
    Uh oh, Vandy RT @InsideUSC: #USC coaching candidates: 1. James Franklin 2. Jeff Fisher; 3. Jack Del Rio; 4. Chris Petersen; 5. Mike Riley

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

As a USC guy myself, my take on this list (Clay has just repeated other talking heads opinions). Don't worry Vandy fans:

Riley is too old now (he's 60).

Franklin is too outspoken/controversial. USC just got rid of a guy who created negative press. Franklin needs to hold his toungue and become more milque toast to be considered. The LA media will eat him up. Heck, The Zone guys already got under his skin here in Nashville. He needs thicker skin.

Petersen, already turned down USC and UCLA opportunities where he was offered $4M plus per year. Doesn't seem like he wants to leave Boise, but they are not a BCS contender this year so his thinking may change.

Fisher/Del Rio.....They will not be available until January or February (If Broncos go deep in playoffs). Recruiting is in full swing by then and USC will need to be stellar and focused to get a decent class after firing Kiffin and all the turmoil. Plus....Fisher will want too much money.

My guess is they'll hire one of the SEC Offensive Coordinators.

3. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Hold up hold up .... BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! wait wait... :spit: WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! :biglaugh:IM WHEEZIN'!! THIS IS THE BIG ONE! HERE I COME ELIZABETH!! aaah HAHAHAHAAA

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

'cause they did so much better with his replacement eh o_O

In the long run though I think you were right.

As for USC, I think Pat Haden (Hired right after Kiffin) was looking for an excuse to get rid of Kiffin from the start.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He is doing okay with the Dallys Cowboys.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Philip rivers says nope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar