Addressing Inside Linebacker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 2, 2018.

?
  1. Trade up to get Roquan Smith. He's worth it

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Hang Tight at Pick #25 and hope Evans or Vander Esche are there

28 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Acquire Mychal Kendricks either via trade, or if he is cut

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Make a move for Reuben Foster. SF is done with the headaches

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Draft an ILB in the 2nd or later rounds. They're not that important

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  6. Go Back in Time and Draft Deion Jones instead of Kevin Dodd. (I wish)

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Other (Write below)

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

there are scenarios which could make that the best move since we pick 25th in every round. If our 1st round prospects get snatched before 25 and our later prospects won’t last till 25 in the 2nd round, better than reaching for a 2nd round pick in the first round. We’d be better off trading back to the top or middle of second, still getting our later guy as well as accumulating a few more picks. I could easily see that happening given our draft position and JRobs tendencies. I could easily see us moving up in the first as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think we'd have to be really sold on a prospect to move up this year. There's 5 qbs that will be drafted in the first and that's going to drive the price way up. To get one of the premier talents in this draft we may have to give up next years first, so i see that as unlikely. But, moving down after those top talents are gone might be the best move especially if one of the qbs is still there at 25.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I agree but it need not be a premier talent it could be LVE or Landry that slide down to 20 or so and we give up a second or third to move up a few spots

4. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

i've seen OJ Howard fall to 20, Myles Jack go in the 2nd due to injury, Laremy Tunsil to stupid sh**, and etc. There's going to be a couple people that fall drastically.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not jrobs style i don't think. Im willing to bet we don't move up in the draft unless it's for Roquon or Edmunds.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jrob moved up for Coklin
    Jrob moved up for Taylor

Jrob's style seems to be to do what it takes to get the guys he wants.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Moved back and got Conklin

And yeah...he ain't about to give up our 3rd (and definitely not our 2nd) to move up 5 spots for Vander Esche. Maybe for smith or Edmunds, not LVE though

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Actually moved down in the 1st in the initial trade, but then went back up to get Conklin. That’s why we didn’t have a 2nd round pick last year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Oh yeah lol. Either way, I just dont see us giving up a 2nd or 3rd to move up for landry or LVE when we don't have extra picks to play with.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Not that I disagree, but wouldn’t you have said the same thing last year about Ruben Foster? Every year one or two of the expected top “expert” pics, drop down the draft board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar