Adarius Bowman

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vslyke, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think that's the reason they have a Titans beat writer spot up for grabs.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Just like the titans are in love with chris davis? They both had identical stats last year.

I doubt if the seahawks are serious about building their WR corp around a 6th rd pick who got 5 catches.

Not knocking courtney but we all know who was the better player in the sec. What sec WR was more consistent than hall the last 2 years?

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

#3 on the depth chart

4. Deuce Wayne

The thing with guys like Bowman and Hall, also, is that they were just about the only legit target their teams had on offense. Hall would get doubled and still put up great numbers, and I don't know a single OSU player other than Bowman.

Goes to show how much emphasis is on the combine. Every year it proves to be a worthless measure of skill vs real games, but coaches and GMs still invest everything in to single man drills. It's amazing to me.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's the ratio of late round picks (who were good in college) who succeed vs fail in the NFL?

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Makes me sick to think that the titans could have added Manningham, Bowman, and Hall all in one offseason for little of nothing.... its ok guys! We have Paul Williams and Chris Davis!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think that Manningham will be good and have always liked Bowman but Hall is a huge question mark. We still don't know about Williams yet. I still have faith in him.

8. Deuce Wayne

I doubt there's been a study to find out.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm curious how many star college players who dropped in the draft (due to problems) have turned out to be good/star NFL players.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well do a study if you want. Nfl draft history goes back to 1982. You can pull up every single WR drafted since. Take all 5th thru 7th WR and do a pro football reference or football database search to see their numbers if they have any.

My guess is that 85% of players like this do nothing but that is true of all 7th rd picks and that is where we would have drafted either of these guys.

Regarding manningham he was the best value for us at WR. A big time producer in the big ten he was there when we picked in rd 3. Not the case with earl bennett. If you want to bash MR for not getting a bigger prospect at WR that was out best opportunity right there. Kellen davis the mich state TE could have been had with our rd 5 pick or we could have got barnidge the louisville Te with that last pick in rd 4. There were options there that still would have met most of our needs and we would be in camp with both manningham and hawkins and nobody could complain about WRs then..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar