Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Oh wait, let me see... On that year Collins throw for 2,676 yards!

VY max on a season was 2,546 yards!

So are you sure you still want to use the "...the season where Fisher didn't need Kerry to throw the ball..." argument??

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Aren't there enough other threads to debate Vince vs. Collins?

Let's use this thread to debate the dynamics of a coach vs. player decision.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it's usually a coach cut after the season just ends, not a QB.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

It's not about choosing a QB over a coach. Fisher sucked this year. He sucked last year. He's played with VY and without VY. He's sucked either way so Fisher's fate is because of Fisher's performance. It has nothing to do with VY.

You don't just cut a QB without a better replacement. It's a slim chance that we get a QB better than Young next season. Even if you hate Young, its rational to keep him around and if you feel he needs to be replaced draft a rookie QB or bring in somebody else and let them compete.

Why would you axe a solid QB with a huge upside just because he couldn't get along with the coach that your considering firing and who lost control of not only VY but other players as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wasn't going down that road.. Just wanted to know if that was the truth.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Can we move on from the silly Kerry Collins talk. Since that 13-3 season he's something like 2-12 as a starter and thrown some of the worst passes I've ever seen come out of an NFL QBs hand. If I had to choose between Nick Harper and Collins I'd choose Harper. He could still tackle.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There is NO way we get the 2008 Kerry Collins, no possible way! UNLESS we get us a big back like LenDale or Blount. But Fisher doesn't trust these guys, so he sits them then dumps them. And as soon as C.J. was figured out, we were doomed. C.J. needs to shut up, and go into a hibernation stage so people can forget how good he is, then come back next season and earn his check. You can't be the best if everybody and their momma is keying in on you. There's hundreds of examples of this. See Javon Walker, Isaac Bruce, Brian Westbrook, etc etc etc. I could go on for hours with that. You get that one great season, and then people remember to keep an eye on you. Without a dynamic player like the 2008-2009 C.J., Kerry Collins can't get it done for us.

8. BabyBlue#9

BabyBlue#9 Camp Fodder

LOL, and that's your argument?

Yeah, because Kerry will lead you back from down 21-0 and a 99 yard game winning drive.

Vince is what he is... Intangibles and a high risk/high reward. Kerry is what he is... a game manager. Again, how did he carry his offense when CJ got hurt in the playoffs?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I know you weren't. I'm just in rant mode today. :D

Sick of all this endless debate and wondering what's gonna happen. Just ready for a decision so we can all move on, happy or not.

FWIW I've heard/read a similar stat to the one you posted a few times. I'd assume it's true. Or at least close to it.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Some people amaze me. It seemed like reason finally returned to the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar