Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Of course he has. We can all see that, I hope.

I'm right there with you. New blood needed.

It's nuts around here. As soon as you say anything that's at all critical of Young, team VY accuses you of being a Fisher supporter. It's possible to be critical of both, folks.

The situation is messed up on both sides. Firing Fisher and keeping Young is messed up. Cutting Young and keeping Fisher is messed up. I happen to think it's significantly worse to fire Fisher and keep Young (because of the dangerous precedent it sets), but neither solution is perfect. Not by a long shot.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the Titans are in danger of becoming like the Raiders. Bud is the owner but he needs to know his place. Leave the football decisions to the football people. It is a huge mistake to base football decisions on whether you are buddy-buddy with your QB and/or whether you want to stick it to the city of Houston.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'd love to see a source on that quote. Also, I've seen one player's account (Bo's) that was well-documented that after the incident, Vince felt uninvited at the facility and after those comments, a coaching change led to him seeing significantly less play-time, nearly nonexistent. He also left the organization with "ill will."

Fisher also mentioned that he is going to "address the quarterback situation" and was unwilling to support Vince as quarterback.

Who is being difficult here?

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Coaches get to pick who they want to play. It's not them "being difficult," it's them doing their job. If players don't like it, too bad. At the end of the year, coaches need to be held accountable for their decisions. If the decisions didn't work out, then you get a new coach and new players.

This is how football works.

When you start getting owners making the decisions and not letting coaches do their job, then you have a problem. You don't ignore your entire front office and keep a player just because you have an irrational grudge against a city.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fisher is handling things the way you would a mutiny. Throw the mutineers overboard and regain control. I don't fault him for that. He is way smarter than Vince in handling the politics/diplomacy of this situation.

I agree with those that suggest Bud is incapable of doing what is best for the franchise. I also agree with those that suggest getting rid of both Fisher and VY to show the fans and future players/coaches that the FRANCHISE is more important than any single player or coach. I just don't think Bud has it in him to admit this and risk dying without a SB during the lean years required to "clean house".

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think it's any surprise to anyone that Underwood and Reinfeldt backed Fisher.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I just read that VY is 13-14 against teams that are .500 or better. Anyone know for sure?

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

As much as I think this team could be successful with Young at QB and a new HC, if I were Bud I'd probably just get rid of both of them at this point. No other franchise in the league would have tolerated Fisher's record for so long. No other franchise in the league would keep a QB who has alienated himself with the entire front office.

I like Young, but I'm sure we can find a serviceable veteran replacement this offseason... not to mention a possible draft pick and Rusty Smith, who I refuse to judge based on 1 bad performance in the middle of a general team collapse.

I like Fisher, but he can't beat a 3-4 and he can't defend against a 3 or 4 WR set. That's not a recipe for playoff success these days.

If we move NOW to begin replacing both of them we can survive next season. Can't start worse than 1-8 which is how we just finished. If we get a new HC today who doesn't mind giving VY a shot the FO might be ok with it, but if not let him go.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

So can you please explain the 13-3 season with Fisher/Collins?

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Are you kidding me? Have you not paid ANY attention to any of this??
    One of the reasons many of us want Fisher gone is that he protects his players ENTIRELY too much. It's why KFC is still here, Moss is on the bench, Nickey is still on the field and Pacman Jones hung around so long when the NFLPA wanted him punished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar